Save new login button consistently not working from Chrome extension.

Hi, I have a PC and a laptop with 1password client and Chrome extension installed. Everything works fine except the the Save new login button in the Chrome extension does not work on either machine (the dialog simply does not appear when I click the button). I will give the details of my laptop for troubleshooting as that is the machine I use the most.
Many Thanks,
Ade.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.585
Extension Version: 4.4.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:save new login

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Adie84,

Could you tell us a little more about your system please. I'm interested in what version of Google Chrome you're running along with the current settings in the Auto-Save tab of 1Password for Window's preferences. To allow us to easily compare results, could you name maybe one or two common sites that you've experienced this with please. Once we can reproduce an issue it should help us diagnose and eventually correct :smile:

• Adie84
    Adie84
    Community Member

Hi, thanks for the extremely fast response. Chrome is version "44.0.2403.157 m" and it is literally any website (the Save new login feature has never worked for any website on either of my machines), however a couple of examples of sites where I can't get the auto-save feature to work and would like to use the manual one are: bet365.com and "https://beta.marathonbet.co.uk/en/".

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Adie84,

Let's start with with the first, www.bet365.com. Now the bad news is we'll never be able to work with the desktop version of their site as it stands because the entire thing is a single Flash object and our filling works by interacting with the DOM of the web page. So that's the bad news; the possible good news is there is a mobile version of their site that doesn't run in Flash and it's accessible even from the desktop via https://mobile.bet365.com. Now I can't comment on how the two versions of the site compare, you might find one is lacking compared to the other or you may find it a perfectly acceptable alternative. What I can say is when I tried logging in with test data the 1Password Auto-Save window popped up for me. With beta.marathonbet.co.uk it popped up the 1Password Auto-Save window when I tried logging in - no fuss.

So where do we stand? Now my tests were in Windows 7 but otherwise we should see similar results. So I'd be quite interested to know how the Auto-Save tab in your 1Password's preferences is set up. There are two checkboxes and a list for exclusions, all of which could explain why you're having trouble. Could you let us know the state of that tab please and we'll see if that's a factor :smile:

This discussion has been closed.