1password for windows 4 icons for software licences

Hello,

I have just purchased 1Password for windows 4. Under the software licence category, all the icons are generic and when I right-click on an item to edit it, I see there is an option to 'select icon' but all this does is open a window which contains no icons at all!? (except for the generic 1Password icon, which incidently, i tried using this as a test, but was told it was too big 'more that 32kb) here is a screen shot of what opens when I click the 'select icon' button.

On my iPhone, once I added my new serial number and purchase details for my new purchase of 1Password, under the software licence category, I had a nice '1Password icon' showing next to it. However no other software licences on my iPhone app appear to be able to do the same. Also, there is no 1Password icon for my licence information on my windows PC, unlike my iphone which clearly shows one. I am using the same dropbox syncing method.

I am hoping someone could explain how to get icons for Software Licences I am aware that when you create a loging its all automatic with the icons, but not under the software licences category.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password for windows 4 icons for software licences

Comments

• LauraR
    edited August 2015

@EAPTCB - The 1Password icon is the only icon , I believe, which is automatically added. You should see this in your Windows version. If not can you try the following -

• Run 1Password on Windows PC.
    • Click on File > Download Rich Icons.

The option to add an icon is so you can create your own custom icon for your software licenses.

• @EAPTCB - To correct what I previously said - rich icons cannot automatically be added to Software License items, only login items. For Software License items, you have to add your own custom icon. You can click on the program .exe file to grab its icon. For example, if you have an item for Photoshop and you click on Select Icon, you can click on Photoshop.exe file to grab its icon. The reason you're seeing the program files for 1Password when you go to add a custom icon, is because that's the default location we open for you - you need to find the program file manually.

In addition to .exe, we also support .ico, .png, and .png.

• EAPTCB
    EAPTCB
    Community Member

@LauraR - Thanks for your explanation LauraR, it's all very clear now.

Just one more thing, I have a few logins which the 'download rich icons' feature didn't find for some of my logins. (no matter how many times I run the process) Likewise, there are some icons which I would like to customise. Is there some kind of tutorial on the site which explains in easy terms how one can achieve this?

I searched for icon sites and found lots, and I thought that all you do is download the ones you like, and then just simply edit an item and click the 'select icon' button and point to where the icon is downloaded to and that was it. But I keep getting the error about the icons being larger than 32bit, even though on the site I went to gave you the option to download the icons in any size you wish.

I'm a little confused >_<

• MikeT
    edited August 2015

Hi @EAPTCB,

You have the right procedure to add a custom icon to your Logins but we have a file size limit for the image file, it must be under 32 kilobytes (32kb) in file size.

Try to open the icon in an image editor and resize it to be under 32 kilobytes or reduce the dimension by 50% if the editor you're using doesn't let you use file size. Once it is under 32 kilobytes, add it to your Login and it should work.

• EAPTCB
    EAPTCB
    Community Member

Ahhhh... That's how it's done:) thank you so much for your help! :+1:

I must just say, that I have been using forums for years, and most of the time when I post questions/comments it usually take days or even weeks in some cases to get some kind of response.

But here at Agilebits, you guys are so fast to respond! It almost feels like someone is poised at their workstation just waiting for a user to to click that 'post comment' button so that you can respond immediately!!

It's all too common in this day and age that people will go out of their way and make an effort to post on a forum when they either have a complaint, or they just desperately need help, but it seems to me that not enough people will use that same energy to congratulate a forum or company/ individual for services rendered.

So I would like to say, Thank You to all you guys (and 'gals' :)) at Agilebits, not only for the best password managing app, which puts other software to shame, but for THE BEST customer support and response time I have ever come across. I have told all my colleagues and friends about the 'greatness' which comes as standard with Agilebits software.

Keep up the good work, and give yourselves, and each other a pat on the back. Bravo!! :+1: :+1:

• @EAPTCB - Thank you so much for your very kind words, I have shared them with everyone here at AgileBits. Your great feedback makes our work here so very worth while.

This discussion has been closed.