Chrome Extension - Show More Items

Options
jacobgraf
jacobgraf
Community Member

Is there any way to make the Chrome extension "smart" so it doesn't keep hiding my most frequently used logins? I have many sites that have multiple logins and the Chrome extension doesn't appear to learn which ones I use most. I always have to click "show more" to get to the ones I use almost every time. It doesn't even appear to prioritize my favorites to the top, I have to dig through to those as well. IMO the extension should learn to keep your most popular and/or favorite logins at the top. Thoughts?

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @jacobgraf,

I think this thread, Reordering Password Lists in Browser Menu might help explain what is happening and why. You're correct, the ordering does not factor in frequency at all but I believe with a little adjustment you can get it to work a lot better for you. If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to ask.

• jacobgraf
    jacobgraf
    Community Member
    Options

Although I appreciate that, it still would be better if it could learn from your habits and adjust accordingly. :-)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jacobgraf,

Thanks for the suggestion! I can definitely see how that would be helpful if you have many Login items for a single website. I can let our developers know you'd like it to work that way, although I can't make any promises as to when/if that would happen. I believe we've had some other similar requests from customers, so you're not alone! :)

For now, the suggestions from the thread littlebobbytables gave you a link to may be helpful. Also, please note that you can manually change the order of items in Favorites, so you can put your most used Logins at the top of that list if you want. Just open the main 1Password app, select Favorites from the left sidebar, and drag the items into your desired order.

If you need anything else, please let us know - we're here for you! :)

ref: OPM-1626

• oschultz
    oschultz
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this request. Would love it if 1Password just showed all items instead of truncating the list. Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @oschultz,

Thanks for letting us know! You're request is a little different than the original one in this thread (which was more about sorting Logins by most frequent or recently used), but we also have an open feature request for showing all matching Logins instead of hiding some behind the "Show More" option, and I'll be happy to add your comments to that. I can't make any promises of course, but hopefully it's something we'll be able to do in a future version.

We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

ref: OPM-1480

• oschultz
    oschultz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the clarification Drew! Have a great day.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You too @oschultz :smile:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

One thing @oschultz, at the moment we mostly just hide near matches, ones where the subdomain means the full domain of the URL and the Login item don't match. An example might be you think of https://www.google.com but you actually log in at https://accounts.google.com If you have Login items that are split between these then some will be hidden while some will be visible. Unifying the website fields over the Login items you want to match should allow for all those to be listed. If I've misunderstood anything please do let me know.

This discussion has been closed.