1password not working with yosemite 10.10.5

Options
zozowine
zozowine
Community Member

This is the error I keep getting, even when I trash 1 password and reboot. Help. Here is all the info from the error and log.

Thank you for your attention.

1Password 5 cannot be opened because of a problem. Check with the developer to make sure 1Password 5 works with this version of OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and OS X.

Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.

Process: 1Password 5 [3369]
Path: /Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password 5
Identifier: com.agilebits.onepassword4
Version: ???
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: 1Password 5 [3369]
User ID: 503

Date/Time: 2015-08-24 17:40:26.301 -0400
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10.5 (14F27)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: 18E1B2E4-D968-A8B3-9B23-7CB3E01786E2

Sleep/Wake UUID: 72F0FE6A-3E33-48DB-B097-48CE9AE19C10

Time Awake Since Boot: 1800 seconds
Time Since Wake: 280 seconds

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @rpath/OnePasswordUI-Mac.framework/Versions/A/OnePasswordUI-Mac
Referenced from: /Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password 5
Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/OnePasswordUI-Mac.framework/Versions/A/OnePasswordUI-Mac: code signature invalid for '/Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/OnePasswordUI-Mac.framework/Versions/A/OnePasswordUI-Mac'

/Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/OnePasswordUI-Mac.framework/Versions/A/OnePasswordUI-Mac: code signature invalid for '/Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/OnePasswordUI-Mac.framework/Versions/A/OnePasswordUI-Mac'

1Password Version: 5
Extension Version: 4.31
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password not working with yosemite 10.10.5

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Please try this:

1. Drag the 1P app to the trash (don't use any app cleaner tool, which is likely to try to delete files you need to keep).
    2. Empty the trash and reboot.
    3. Re-download and re-install 1P.

That should solve the problem,

Stephen

• zozowine
    zozowine
    Community Member
    Options

Ciao Stephen_C, Thank you for the reply. I have tried your solution several times to no avail. I can't use any app cleaner tool because I am getting the same message for that as I get for 1Password. Any other words of wisdom? I appreciate your help as I am very reliant on the 1Password app on my laptop.
    a presto,
    Lorenzo
    here's the log file:
    Process: 1Password 5 [15747]
    Path: /Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password 5
    Identifier: com.agilebits.onepassword4
    Version: ???
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: ??? [1]
    Responsible: 1Password 5 [15747]
    User ID: 503

Date/Time: 2015-08-25 09:01:01.720 -0400
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10.5 (14F27)
    Report Version: 11
    Anonymous UUID: 18E1B2E4-D968-A8B3-9B23-7CB3E01786E2

Sleep/Wake UUID: E5449FE2-4688-4E44-95CB-DDEEC6541DAF

Time Awake Since Boot: 8400 seconds
    Time Since Wake: 1200 seconds

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
    dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
    Library not loaded: @rpath/OnePasswordUI-Mac.framework/Versions/A/OnePasswordUI-Mac
    Referenced from: /Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password 5
    Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:

Binary Images:
    0x7fff6cbb9000 - 0x7fff6cbef887 dyld (353.2.3) /usr/lib/dyld
    0x7fff8de0b000 - 0x7fff8dea1ff7 com.apple.cloudkit.CloudKit (283.67.4 - 283.67.4) /System/Library/Frameworks/CloudKit.framework/Versions/A/CloudKit

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @zozowine,

You say you're getting this error for other applications as well, is it just one or do you have a number of applications that now fail to launch? We've had one or two people that suffered a bad update when they installed 10.10.5 and I'm now wondering if the same has happened to you at all. How many applications seem to have been affected?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

So we've had a couple of reports where the OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 Combo Update corrected something that went bad in the first update. I can't say for certain if it will help you but running the the Combo Update shouldn't harm your system either. If it helps please do let us know (and let us know if it doesn't too).

• noneck
    noneck
    Community Member
    Options

I had a similar issue. I tried the combo update. Now, I launch 1Password and the icon flashes without launching the app. I have other apps that are still giving me the same error message. Oddly, some of my open source apps don't give me this issue -- Adium, VLC, Cyperduck...

• timlips
    timlips
    Community Member
    Options

I had similar issues with 10.10.5 update. The app would not launch. The eventual solution was to decrypt the hard disk by turning filevault off. I could not run any appstore apps (bought 1password through appstore). The issue appeared to be a codesigning problem. This from the system log:

load code signature error 4 for file "1Password"

Previously, I also tried rebooting in safe mode, installing the combo update, reinstalling various apps.

• zozowine
    zozowine
    Community Member
    Options

So, I went to Genius bar and the nice people there told me I would have to back up and restore with a clean OS. Felt that the failure to launch was a leftover bad system file from a previous restore. I did a full back-up, restarted, downloaded and installed new OS without a wipe and all was right with the world! No idea why. Thank you all for your help and support.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@noneck, I'm sorry to hear you had a similar issue! Are you still unable to open those apps, or were you able to solve the problem? It seems to be an OS X issue that isn't specific to 1Password, so if you're still having trouble, you may need to contact Apple for help with that. Or you could try the solutions described by the others here.

@timlips, thank you for taking the time to let us know how you were able to solve this on your Mac! It sounds like you went through a lot of troubleshooting, but I'm glad it's all working correctly now.

@zozowine, I'm really happy to hear the suggestion from the Genius bar helped you fix the problem! Thanks for following up to let us know how it turned out, your information might be helpful for others who are having the same issue.

If you need anything else, please let us know! :)

• noneck
    noneck
    Community Member
    Options

@timlips that worked? How many other apps were failing? We're all of them from the App Store?

@Drew_AG this morning, I wiped the drive and started with a fresh install. Still rebuilding. Thanks to iCloud and 1Password, I don't have much work to do. Keep making great apps.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @noneck,

Hopefully the rebuild isn't too bad, I can imagine you had other tasks in mind rather than considering this to regain normality. I'm sorry it has come down to this for some - not fun :(

This discussion has been closed.