"1Password failed to connect to 1password mini" (on El Capitan?)

sjk
sjk
1Password Alumni
edited August 2015 in Mac

Comments

• gpress
    gpress
    Community Member

I have no such partition and it can't find mini. There are no other 1passwords on my machine. This is very frustrating.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gpress,

If you're seeing the same error message it should contain two paths, one for each of the minis. If you were to post a screenshot of the error message we would be able to tell you exactly where the second copy is residing if that helps :smile:

• gpress
    gpress
    Community Member

I have no other copies and have scoured the machine.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gpress,

You're not suffering the same issue as MACMAD, you're experiencing something else.

Can you tell us a bit more about your setup please. The following could very well be pertinent:

1. What version of OS X are you running?
    2. What version of 1Password are you running?

With that I hope we can determine the cause.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gpress,

As littlebobbytables mentioned:

You're not suffering the same issue as MACMAD, you're experiencing something else.

I've created this new separate discussion about your issue where we'll continue to help you resolve it. Sounds like you are running El Capitan (10.11) beta but we'd like to confirm that and also know which version of 1Password you're running, like littlebobbytables asked. :)

Thanks in advance!

• LawrenceLiu
    LawrenceLiu
    Community Member

Hello I have this issue "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini", I have remove the 1Password to trash and redownloaded a fresh copy from your website 5.2 and it is still have the same problem. I am on El Capital beta latest release.

Lawrence

• Hello @LawrenceLiu,

If you're running El Capitan you might have run into this issue, 1Password hangs when opening on 10.11 Beta; fails to connect to mini [possible quarantine bug]. We have a possible fix if it is indeed the quarantine issue some others were facing. Does that thread help at all?

• LawrenceLiu
    LawrenceLiu
    Community Member

I have tried deleting and reinstall from fresh download but still fails to launch. What else can I do?

1Password Version: 5.3.210
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OS X El Capitan 10.11
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: ug:mac/, ug:mac/1password-mini, ug:mac/, kb:error-connect-to-mini

• LawrenceLiu
    LawrenceLiu
    Community Member

Tried that and still dos not work

Lawrences-iMac-2:~ lawrenceliu$ xattr -d -r -s com.apple.quarantine '/Applications/1Password 5.app'
    Lawrences-iMac-2:~ lawrenceliu$

Lawrence

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

If this isn't exactly what you did, please try it:

1. Drag the 1P app to the trash (don't use any app cleaner tool, which is likely to try to delete files you need to keep).
    2. Empty the trash and reboot.
    3. Re-download and re-install 1P.

Alternatively, have you rebooted your Mac recently? Are you seeing any more specific error message when you try to launch 1P?

Stephen

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@LawrenceLiu I replied to your separate post/thread before finding another post from you in this thread dealing with the same problem. Please don't start separate threads dealing with the same problem as it makes support a frustrating experience and also makes it harder for you to find answers to your questions.

I've merged the two threads.

Stephen

• LawrenceLiu
    LawrenceLiu
    Community Member

sorry for the confusion, i forgot i posted it already.

I just finished executing the above, clean out my old files (drag from application to trash), empty trash, reboot, redownload, reinstall still the same error.

Lawrence

• LawrenceLiu
    LawrenceLiu
    Community Member

The error I see it is "1Password failed to connect .......". Is there a debug mode to launch it with to know what else is triggering the fail?

Lawrence

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LawrenceLiu,

There isn't a debug mode but we might learn something from looking at a diagnostic report. This guide will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

• LawrenceLiu
    LawrenceLiu
    Community Member

email sent. I think my diagnostic did not rum to completion, it automatically generated an error file to sent to jedi. I added support+forum@agilebits.com to the same message.

Lawrence

• LauraR
    edited October 2015

@LawrenceLiu - Thanks for the diagnostics report. I see in the report that you have two versions of the 1Password app installed - one in your Applications folder and one in your Downloads folder. I have emailed you instructions to fix this. We can carry on troubleshooting via email. Thanks :)

ref: FCC-66228-746

This discussion has been closed.