I'm looking for a password sharing solution for small business.

Options

One of many of my use cases:
One area I oversee is Inventory Department. It has a manager, a mechanic and a clerk (high turnover position).
From what I see (tell me if you have a better solution).
We need 4 Vaults:
1 - myself, Manger
2 - myself, Manager, Mechanic
3 - Manager, Clerk (maybe myself depending on rather data lives here only or is one time shared to here from vault 1 or 2) Wile I can't stop someone from writing things down can I set clerk to only have logon privlages and not ability to change main password?

Am I correct that when a single password is shared it's a one time push not updated in any direction?

What I would really like is to assign permissions to a password/login. Multiple people are sharing the same vault and each entry has a place to assign who can access it. Wile I'm being so picky each assigned user could be set to read only or read/write.
Is any of this possible or do have a suggestion for me?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX, Windows, IOS
Sync Type: DropBox - could use server
Referrer: forum-search:Individual sharing for business

Comments

• @TMcKibbin - currently with 1Password we offer the option to share a vault with other Dropbox users but there is no way to set permissions at the vault or record level. We have a great support article explaining how to share a vault here. I'm sorry we don't yet have a way to offer all the options you outlined.

• TMcKibbin
    TMcKibbin
    Community Member
    Options

Any better process than what I outlined with 3 different Vaults?
    Is the share option a one time one way?

• @TMcKibbin - Once you share a vault, you can unshare a vault but the person will still have access to their offline copy. They can no longer make changes that will sync back to your version and if you make any changes they will not receive updates.

You can create as many vaults as you want and select which vault to share with whom. Each vault will have its own unique Master Password.

This discussion has been closed.