"Failed to fetch some record zones" error on iCloud sync [new reports of successfully syncing now]

Options
DuaneL
DuaneL
Community Member
edited August 2015 in iOS

AgileBits Update as of 2015-08-26 3:38 PM EST

Please see this thread with the latest information on this error:

iCloud: Failed to Fetch Some Record Zones / Failed to Enable iCloud

- Ben

P.S. Please do not create new threads on this issue. We are aware, and are working as quickly as we can to find a resolution.

Have been struggling all afternoon to get iCloud sync to work between a new MacBook (Yosemite 10.10.5), an iPad Air and an iPhone 6 (both running iOS 8.4.1). All have versions of 1Password downloaded from the respective App Stores today (Mac version is 5.3 from the Mac App Store and iOS version is 5.5). The ONLY possible "gotcha" that I can see is that I downloaded the Trial version from the agilebits.com website a couple of days ago, but then uninstalled it (following the directions on the website) BEFORE purchasing the version from the Mac App Store.

I have seen that this problem recurs every so often, so there are lots of "potential" solutions out there. I have tried (1) deleting iCloud data, (2) signing off from iCloud on all three devices, rebooting all three, and then signing back on all three. None of the suggestions seems to work. HELP!!! I'm ABOUT ready to try Dropbox... much as I dislike using it.

1Password Version: 5.5 (iOS), 5.3 (MAC)
Extension Version: 4.4.2 (in Safari)
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:icloud-faq, kb:icloud-troubleshooting, kb:icloud-faq, kb:icloud-troubleshooting, kb-search:failed to fetch some record zones

Comments

• bovie2k
    bovie2k
    Community Member
    Options

I noticed my iCloud sync stopped working (It said it was syncing but wasn't) so I tried disabling and reenabling. Then I tried fully uninstalling the 1password app from my iPhone and deleting the sync data in iCloud and resyncing to iCloud from my Laptop (OS X 10.10 latest 1Password) then tried setting up iCloud sync on my iPhone again and all it does is say Looking up iCloud information.... its been doing that for over 20 minutes. I even tried rebooting and reinstalling 1password again.

1Password Version: 5.5
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided

• pcbeard
    pcbeard
    Community Member
    Options

I was seeing inconsistent data between different instances of 1Password, so I reset my iCloud data, and now I'm getting this same error message on my iOS devices. Running v5.3 on 10.10.5, and v5.5 on iOS 8.4.1.

• bovie2k
    bovie2k
    Community Member
    Options

I'm getting the exact same error.

• lbpe
    lbpe
    Community Member
    Options

Same error and I can see it was discussed here https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/33216/failed-to-fetch-some-record-zones-icloud-sync/p6

Spent a lot of time following instructions with no success

• chrisdias
    chrisdias
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. Any help would be great

• iiohab
    iiohab
    Community Member
    Options

Sync stopped working between iPhone & MBP. All latest versions of 1Password. Followed troubleshooting steps then from the Mac erased iCloud data. Re-enabled sync from Mac, and when re-enabling from iPhone received an error ~Failed to fetch some record zones. 1Password encountered a problem.~
    Note: Phone was recently reset-as-new after warranty replacement. I did also revoke and recreate app ID's for Mac and iPhone (but only use them for FaceTime and Messages accounts). All devices are loggedin to iCloud using the same appleID.

1Password Version: 5.3 Mac, 5.5 on iPhone
    Extension Version: 4.4.2
    Referrer: forum-search:Sync stopped working with iCloud

• clk
    clk
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. Updated a login on my Mac (Yosemite). The update is seen on a second Mac running Yosemite as well. iPhone and iPad were not seeing the change. iPad version 5.5. iPad and iPhone both said syncing and all have iCloud sync enabled. I deleted 1pass on the phone and redownloaded. Went to set up existing vault in iCloud and says looking up iCloud information endlessly.

iPad is on ios9 beta but iPhone still on iOS 8.

• 7racer
    7racer
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. Sync's fine with my two Macs (Yosemite) but not with the iOS devices. Any help from the support team?

• bovie2k
    bovie2k
    Community Member
    Options

iiohab, I'm having the same issue along with a few other users. I think there was an update or something that broke it.

• booi
    booi
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue. All my OSX machines seem to be syncing properly. My iOS device has no errors but is NOT syncing. Disabling syncing and re-enabling syncing results in the same "Failed to fetch some record zones" error over and over. Standard log-in log-out and restarting steps have been taken with no effect.

For now, the workaround is to sync via Wifi.. NOT optimal.

• bovie2k
    bovie2k
    Community Member
    Options

I wonder of an update broke it since all three of us are having the same issue along with another user from another post. All seem to have started recently.

• bovie2k
    bovie2k
    Community Member
    Options

Ya I had to revert to Wifi sync as well booi.

• booi
    booi
    Community Member
    Options

Possibly? I'm on an unjailbroken iOS 8.4.1, 1Password version 5.5

• bovie2k
    bovie2k
    Community Member
    Options

Booi, Same versions here. Same versions on my iPad as well. The only sync I was able to get working was to delete 1password off one mac and reinstall it. Then it downloaded the info from iCloud so I know it works on some level mac to mac. Don't know for sure if keeps working mac to mac though. For sure I'm having an issue with all my iOS devices. I even tried dumping all iCloud data for 1Password and creating a new vault from iOS and get the error.

• iiohab
    iiohab
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the heads up.

• wkeving
    wkeving
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, I think Apple is messing with iCloud sync again. Check this thread. I've tried everything recommended to reset it, and after reading that thread, it seems that it spontaneously, arbitrarily, fixed itself last time after some days passed. Not convenient. Very frustrating. But most likely not AgileBits fault. I just hope it gets resolved quickly. Wi-Fi sync has been my alternative, for now.

• klaus1989
    klaus1989
    Community Member
    Options

I have also a similar problem. My Mac and my Ipad and iPhone don´t sync 1Password. I read the troubleshooting list and checked all points, but it doesn't work. I have delete the program on my Mac and on my Ipad and reinstalled it again.
    The data of the Mac are all ok.
    When I will import the existing data of the iCloud on the ipad it only search for informations.
    What can I do?

• klaus1989
    klaus1989
    Community Member
    Options

I synced my ipad with wlan - this is the only way that works.
    But I will sync it via iCloud. So I disabled the wifi sync and tried it with iCloud again but it doesn't work.
    I only get the message "Failed to fetch some record zones" 1password determine a problem.

• klaus1989
    klaus1989
    Community Member
    Options

I tried the steps of @brenty but when I set up a new user I get a error report:
    Enable of iCloud failed. iCloud could´t enable. Please try again later.
    What is the problem, I don´t understand, why it doesn´t work

• tijs
    tijs
    Community Member
    Options

Tried to follow the steps, but as I set up as a new user, I'm getting the exact same error as klaus1989. Didn't happen on my iPhone though, only on my iPad.

• Xilinx1992
    Xilinx1992
    Community Member
    Options

Tried also to follow the steps. Got exact the same error as klaus1989!!!
    Same on iPad and iPhone.

Is there any solution for this error?

Thanks

• Xilinx1992
    Xilinx1992
    Community Member
    Options

Any update on this error?
    I have the same problem.

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Sorry for the trouble everyone! Unfortunately AgileBits doesn't have any insight into the inner workings of iCloud, as it is owned and operated by Apple, but we're investigating.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and we'll update as soon as we have any information on what's going on!
  • monkat
    monkat
    Community Member
    Options

I noticed my phone was way behind my mac (guess it hasn't been syncing for a while) - disabled it on the phone and re-enabled - got "Failed to fetch some record zones" error...

• giacecco
    giacecco
    Community Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

First time I'm experiencing an issue in many months, perhaps years. I did not change anything to my laptop and iOS devices so I presume it is not a problem my side.

I've added a login on the MacOS 1 Password at about 9:43 this morning and almost two hours later it has not propagated to the iPhone and iPad, despite also forcing sync, without errors being notified.

I have then created a test login on the iPad and that too is not propagating to the Mac and iPhone.

Other applications I use that use iCloud sync are working correctly, e.g. Papers http://www.papersapp.com/ .

1Password Version: 5.3

• clk
    clk
    Community Member
    Options

Posted this last night in a reply to another user but looks like that lost is now deleted?

Anyway, having an issue syncing with iCloud on my iOS devices. I have two macs running Yosemite. I updated a login on one and it showed on the other. I have two iOS devices, an iPad running ios9 beta and an iPhone running iOS 8, the latest version.

The iOS devices were not seeing the changes that the macs saw. I tried deleting and reinstalling 1password on the iPhone. Upon reinstall I go to sync existing vault, choose iCloud, and it says looking for iCloud information and hangs there. It never finds it.

I confirmed all devices are using the same iCloud login and using iCloud syncing.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Icloud

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I've merged everyone's separate threads into the existing discussion on this particular issue.

Posted this last night in a reply to another user but looks like that lost is now deleted?

@clk: {Do you mean this?](https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/229203/#Comment_229203) :lol:

Note that you can always find your posts under your profile at the top. :)

@giacecco: I'm sorry that you're both having this issue as well. We're investigating, but ultimately we don't have any control over iCloud. Hopefully we will hear something soon (or the issue will be resolved). We'll continue to update here as the situation develops.

• wkeving
    wkeving
    Community Member
    Options

This problem is plaguing me, too. I followed the backup/restore process outlined in this thread on August 5 by Drew_AG. No luck. I saw in one of the other threads, that this seemed to be an Apple iCloud sync issue that was beyond AgileBits' or users control, and magically resolved itself at some point back in June/July when this happened previously to a lot of folks. Very frustrating for users and AgileBits support, both.

• iiohab
    iiohab
    Community Member
    Options

@wkeving: thank you for suggesting WiFi sync. WiFi appears to have worked properly for me too, and lowered my anxiety level while the iCloud issues are being sorted out.

• Testwick
    Testwick
    Community Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hey guys, 8-)

I have run into a problem where my iCloud data has stopped synching.

My devices:
    Macbook Pro Retina (OS X 10.10.5). 1Password version 5.3
    iPhone 6 Plus (iOS 8.4). 1Password Latest version
    iPad Air (iOS 8.4) 1Password Latest version

Trouble shooting Steps taken in order:

• Backed up 1Password Mac
    • Disabled and reenabled iCloud Sync kept iCloud data- (1 Password Mac)
    • Forced synced by selecting sync now. Sync timer indicated sync completed but no data synced - (iPhone & iPad)
    • I toggled 1Password in iCloud drive off and on - (iPhone & iPad)
    • I toggled iCloud drive off an on - (iPhone & iPad)
    • I signed out of iCloud and back in - (iPhone & iPad)
    • Rebooted all devices.
    • I deleted the iCloud data (1Password Mac) >Preferences>Sync>None> Delete data from iCloud.
      Erased the vaults, deleted and reinstalled 1Password App (iPhone & iPad) . Reenabled iCloud Sync in 1Password Mac, Sync indicated that it completed. 1Password (iPhone & iPad) indicates " No Existing iCloud Data Found"

:'( >_<

Any further help would be greatly appreciated. I now do not have 1Password on my iPhone or iPad and I rely on this daily.

Please help

Cordially,

Thomas

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:can't find iCloud

This discussion has been closed.