iCloud

AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: "Failed to fetch some record zones" error on iCloud sync.

Comments

• Woodpeckerbaby
    Woodpeckerbaby
    Community Member

Few month ago, I tried 1Password and got confused with all kinds of syncing and settings, then I said forget it, iCloud Keychain is much easier to use. I never touched one password again. Now, of course I can't remember the super complex Master Password for it.

I uninstalled the 1Password app on my iPad, then reinstalled it, then started fresh with a new vault. I created the vault successfully but when I tried to sync with iCloud just like before it shows Failed to fetch some record zones, 1Password encountered a problem again and again. I tried on my iPhone to sync with iCloud, it says "Failed to fetch some record zones, 1Password encountered a problem".

Then I moved on to the next level of trouble shooting, I turned of iCloud drive on my iPhone and iPad, force quitted 1Password app and reopened the app, then, sync with iCloud, it says iCloud drive was't enabled, please la li la li la. Then I switch on iCloud drive. Then the app told me "Failed to fetch some record zones, 1Password encountered a problem".

Then I grabbed some tea to cool me down.

After that, I moved to 3ed level of trouble shooting, force quit the 1Password app, and disconnect iCloud completely on all of my IOS devices. BTW, I didn't sync to my Macbook, Android and Windows yet, so don't think about that. Then, I switched off all of my IOS devices and backed on. I signed in to iCloud again and enabled iCloud drive. The app was always enabled to allow syncing with iCloud drive in the iCloud setting panel. Then I opened the 1Password app, then sync, then "Failed to fetch some record zones, 1Password encountered a problem."

Hey, that's not fair!

Then I told myself, google is your friend. Google taught me this is a common problem recently since late June of 2015, a glitch within the software and the implementation of CloudKit, transitioning from iCloud backup to iCloud Drive created lots of technical difficulties. But you can't blame on the system it's the programers who wrote the code made a mistake.

Then I rested the iCloud data through iPassword Advanced setting, checked internet connection, it was good. Other function works very smoothly with my iCloud as well. I tried again, still got "Failed to fetch some record zones, 1Password encountered a problem. " very consistently. I am running the latest Apps and operating system on all of my devices and all of them are NOT jailbroken. IOS 8.4, OS X Yosemite 10.10.4, 1Password for IOS 5.4.3. I didn't set up My desktop for 1Password yet.

1Password Version: IOS 5.4.3
    Extension Version: doesn't matter for now
    OS Version: IOS 8.4
    Sync Type: iCloud

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2015

Hi @Woodpeckerbaby,

I'm very sorry to hear of the trouble getting iCloud sync set up. There was a problem in June of this year in which a large number (perhaps all) of our customers attempting to sync with iCloud received this message. That issue was quickly resolved. Unfortunately this is a different issue that triggers the same (or very similar) error message, and in most cases has been traced back to the Apple ID account itself. There is some additional digging we'd need to do to verify that is what you're seeing.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

ref: EXJ-58214-456

• Woodpeckerbaby
    Woodpeckerbaby
    Community Member

Hi Ben, @bwoodruff

I got a friendly response from Mr. Bitbot.
    [#EXJ-58214-456] 1Password for iOS Diagnostic Report

Thank you for your assistance:)
    Woodpeckerbaby

• Thanks @Woodpeckerbaby, I see my colleague Steve has replied. I hope his instructions help! If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.