Prompt for email address on first launch

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

A strange thing occured and I can't be certain what happened. When I launched the newest alpha version 9 or 10 for Windows Phone 8.1, I was asked to enter an email which I haven't done yet.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/39903/release-notes-revision-history#latest

I don't recall needing to enter an email previously when using the app.

1Password Version: Alpha Release 10 (1.1508.60)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows Phone 8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

In the earliest days of the 1Password for Windows Modern alpha program, you had to sign up for the alpha team newsletter to get a "keyword" (after confirming your signup) in an introductory e-mail message. The app prompted for that keyword, the first time you ran it on a device associated with your Windows Modern ID.

A few folks found that confusing, so in a recent release, we stopped prompting for the keyword and prompted, instead, for an e-mail address. That address is added to the alpha team newsletter mailing list, if it isn't already there. Like the keyword, though, the app only bugs you once. :) After that, you shouldn't have to enter it again, no matter which device you're on, as long as it's associated with the same Windows Modern ID.

I hope that helps, @wkleem. Let us know if you have any other questions about it.

Thanks for using the 1Password for Windows Modern alpha app!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Thanks for the explanation @DBrown. I haven't used the Alpha version for months. I am in the mailing list although I may have uninstalled/reinstalled the app. I can't remember.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad it helped!

This discussion has been closed.