How to increase web page startup userid/password entry timeout?

Options

Some web pages take a few [more] seconds to load that average. When I launch them with 1password chrome extension, the userid seems to always get entered into the proper field. But sometimes the password is entered and sometimes, I need to launch the 1password extension for that web site a second time.. then 1password will enter the password... Appears to me that 1password extension waits only a few seconds and if the password prompt for the web page doesn't show, it stops looking (and I thus need to re-select).

Is there a way to increase the time that the 1password extension waits for the userid and/or password to be "ready" for the data? So a second click on the 1password extension for that web page isn't necessary?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @BillSabatine,

That's by design, we intentionally do not try again if we were told to fill and we can't find the password field. However, we do try to wait as much as we can, the extension can only fill once the page has been loaded completely but it can happen that the extension's fill script finished loading before the page is completed.

There is not much we can do when you open the Login item from the extension, you can press the Control + \ shortcut again once you feel the page has finished.

If you're using the main 1Password program to open Logins, you can hold the Control key before double-clicking the Login item to open the site without filling and wait until it is loaded before pressing Control + \ to fill.

This discussion has been closed.