Local Windows Storag

Password Back Up
I have the app on my iPhone. I am also a Windows user. I know I may be archaic, but I do not want to back up with drop box. I don't want my data stored on a server anywhere, or access to it through any other means. I only want local back up on my Windows based laptop. Can I synch my iPhone for this storage? If so, then how? Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2011
    Welcome to the forum, cmack97!

Dropbox is the only sync mechanism available in 1Password for Windows. You can read all about it in the following documents.

The "big picture":

Windows-specific instructions:

That said, you can back up your 1Password data from your iPhone to a PC or Mac, using the "backup and restore" feature built into the 1Password app for iOS devices.

The Backup & Restore command in 1Password on your iPhone opens a temporary "portal" through which you can use a web browser to copy the 1Password data from your iPhone to your Mac or PC; you also use the same Backup & Restore command to restore that data from your Mac or PC to your iPhone.

To back up your 1Password data from your iPhone:

1. On your iPhone, launch and unlock the 1Password app, and tap More > Settings > Database > Backup & Restore.

You should see a page titled "Backup Service Started".

2. On your Mac or PC, launch a web browser, and go to either of the URLs listed on the iPhone screen.

3. Click the link to the .1ptbackup file, and follow the instructions to save the file.

Be sure to note the location where you save it.

To restore that backed up data to your iPhone:

1. On your iPhone, launch and unlock the 1Password app, and tap More > Settings > Database > Backup & Restore.

You should see a page titled "Backup Service Started".

2. On your Mac or PC, launch a web browser, and go to either of the URLs listed on the iPhone screen.

3. Click the Browse button, find the .1ptbackup file in the location where you saved it, and click the Restore button.
This discussion has been closed.