Doesn't sync properly with Dropbox and other device

Options

I can't get 1Password for Windows to sync changes to Dropbox, even though that's where the vault is stored. When I tried to sync on my phone, it said there were no changes, when I know there were. The app on my phone didn't say there was a problem syncing. I can't figure out how to sync in the PC program. I'm using Windows 10. The only option is WiFi Sync which seems like it's only for iOS. I'm using an Android phone. This used to work when I was using 1Password in Windows 7, although I started to have problems close to the time I replaced the laptop and upgraded to Windows 10. I should note as well that the extension in Firefox could not be verified.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.585
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @lorikaufman - Can you try the following -

• Run 1Password on your Windows PC.
    • Select File > Repair 1Password Vault.

Please let us know if this helps.

• MikeT
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi @lorikaufman,

The only option is WiFi Sync which seems like it's only for iOS. I'm using an Android phone.

1Password does support Wi-Fi sync between a Windows PC and Android devices, here's our guide on how to set this up if you want to do this: https://support.1password.com/guides/android/wifi.html

We recommend Dropbox as it is easier to handle than the Wi-Fi sync.

I should note as well that the extension in Firefox could not be verified.

That will be resolved in an upcoming update to our 1Password extension for Firefox, it will be signed to let you keep using it while being verified.

• lorikaufman
    lorikaufman
    Community Member
    Options

LauraR,
    Thanks. I repaired the vault and that seemed to help. I was able to sync with the vault on my phone.

• @lorikaufman - I'm so glad the Repair helped, thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.