Syncing fails in iOS: "failed to list remote data folder"

Options
datico
datico
Community Member

A while ago my iOS devices stopped Dropbox syncing (probably after some 1Password app auto-update?).

On iOS when I go into Settings > Vaults (Primary) > (i) button, it shows:
Failed to list remote data folder in Dropbox. Path: /1Password/agilekeychain/data/default/
When I hit Sync Now it tries, then fails again.
Scrolling down in settings it says "Version 5.5"
This is happening on more than one iOS device.
My 1Password desktop apps still seem to be syncing correctly. I believe I have updated to 5.3.2 on all my desktops.

I know for a fact that I have new items on my iOS devices that haven't synced yet (and I don't exactly remember what they are). I am hesitant to try messing with deleting/re-syncing etc in fear these will be lost.

What can I do to fix this, and not loose any data?

More info:
1Password Extension is installed in Chrome on the desktop I'm currently using. It says 4.4.3.90. But 1Password Mini is also installed on this machine and is visible in the menu; it says nothing about what version it is.
This desktop is OSX 10.10.4, my others are on 10.10.5.
My iOS is the latest, 8.4.1.
It turns out I have an old iPad with and old 1Password Pro 3.6.2 on it. It says dropbox syncing On, version 0 of the API is not supported; obviously too old. I have turned syncing off, but since it is failing outright I don't think it's the cause of the current issue.

1Password Version: 5.5 iOS, 5.3.2 Deskto
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90 in Chrome
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:failed to list remote data folder in dropbox. path: /1password.agilekeychain/data/default/

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi @datico,

Dropbox was having issues right around the time you posted, but they appear to be fixed now. Could you please give it another try and see if perhaps that was the cause?

Also: I'd highly recommend making a backup of your data, if you haven't already, regardless of any issues or not. :) You can find instructions here: https://support.1password.com/ios-itunes-backups/

It turns out I have an old iPad with and old 1Password Pro 3.6.2 on it. It says dropbox syncing On, version 0 of the API is not supported; obviously too old. I have turned syncing off, but since it is failing outright I don't think it's the cause of the current issue.

Correct. 1Password 3 uses the original Dropbox API, which they no longer support, so it cannot sync with Dropbox. That does not affect devices running newer versions of 1Password though.

Thanks!

Ben

• datico
    datico
    Community Member
    Options

Nope, sorry. I forgot to mention that this has been happening for many weeks, I have tried multiple times on different occasions. I am pretty sure it happened after updating my desktop version (which, btw, at one point said it couldn't find my vault and I had to go into preferences and re-choose it, and it kept wanting to choose a version inside a 1password folder on my dropbox...which doesn't exist.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @datico. Did you get that backup made?

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• datico
    datico
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, backup made.
    Diagnostics sent, I included a few log files that I guessed might be helpful.
    Support ID [#IKN-51957-255]

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@datico: Thanks! I see that we're already in contact via email, so I'll close this discussion and we can continue the conversation there to avoid confusion. Cheers! :)

ref: IKN-51957-255

This discussion has been closed.