Is 1PasswordAnywhere dead?

I'm a developer and do all my work on Linux. 1PasswordAnywhere is what allows me to access 1PW on that platform, but it's downright painful. I can't remember the last time it got any love at all. The login item URLs are not actual hyperlinks (in a webpage no less), it locks after 60 seconds with no way to prevent it, and it just looks dated as all get out (I mean it still even has the old logo). Is this feature in bug fixes only mode?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Linux
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @sifutommy,

You're right, it has been a while since it saw any change. I believe it was first introduced with 1Password 3 and probably hasn't changed significantly since then. Unfortunately the ability to use 1PasswordAnywhere has become restricted over time. By default browsers won't allow JavaScript to run when accessed from a file URI for security reasons and Dropbox, being conscious of security needs do evaluate what it means to allow 1PasswordAnywhere to work from within your account. It may mean we need to consider something significantly different rather than touching up the existing approach. I genuinely don't know what the future may bring though, this is just based on what I've seen so far. I certainly understand (and sympathise with) your position though.

This discussion has been closed.