Troubles

A well idea would be to create HTML Input field form attributes for 1Password where Web developers can simple add in their Source code and 1Password can easy detect them.

I see often that some websites change their login forms and then i have issues with auto fill login via 1Password or they have a JavaScript/CSS Popup Login.

Sure, not every website would paste in such HTML attributes but i'm self Web developer for Magento Online-Stores and i would add such Tags simple to the Templates btw Login forms. Maybe as optional feature for Web developers.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @neofelis,

I'm not a developer so forgive me. Am I understanding you correctly, the idea is to use HTML attributes on input fields for flag or flags that 1Password understands to help with changing forms? So even if substantial parts of the form change the key parts can be easily recognised no matter where they now are or what has been added or removed.

I just want to make sure I do understand before I attempt to write the suggestion up :smile:

• neofelis
    neofelis
    Community Member

Thanks for reply.

I have a on some popular sites following issues. Sometimes they change their login forms and then the autofill method of 1Password don't works anymore. I need edit the 1Password item again.

Then i have sometimes the issue that 1Password Autologin put for example Username or Password into Newsletter text input or search field form.

Next issue is often that websites use JavaScript or CSS Popup Layer Logins. For example mega.nz or others. Maybe if they can prepare easy their forms then it could be for 1Password more easy to locate the right input fields. Some websites use for login forms additionally ReCaptcha or Captcha fields which don't need to be saved.

With such suggested HTML attributes the website can say 1Password that the field Username is username, the field password is Password, the other fields aren't for 1Password e. g. Newsletter, Search field etc.

And maybe in the Source Code Header or other solution the site can say the correct login URLs to 1Password. I have often in my 1Password Login items via Autosave saved Password reset URLs etc.

Greetings, Alexander

• neofelis
    neofelis
    Community Member

Thanks for reply.

I have a on some popular sites following issues. Sometimes they change their login forms and then the autofill method of 1Password don't works anymore. I need edit the 1Password item again.

Then i have sometimes the issue that 1Password Autologin put for example Username or Password into Newsletter text input or search field form.

Next issue is often that websites use JavaScript or CSS Popup Layer Logins. For example mega.nz or others. Maybe if they can prepare easy their forms then it could be for 1Password more easy to locate the right input fields. Some websites use for login forms additionally ReCaptcha or Captcha fields which don't need to be saved.

With such suggested HTML attributes the website can say 1Password that the field Username is username, the field password is Password, the other fields aren't for 1Password e. g. Newsletter, Search field etc.

And maybe in the Source Code Header or other solution the site can say the correct login URLs to 1Password. I have often in my 1Password Login items via Autosave saved Password reset URLs etc.

Greetings, Alexander

This discussion has been closed.