I want to make a different vault a primary on iOS

fredr1
fredr1
Community Member

My wife and I each have different primary vaults (hers being a secondary one shared by me). These are on different Mac desktops, sync'd over dropbox. Said another way, basically we have 2 vaults - I use mine as my primary and she uses hers as a primary, even though hers is simply a shared vault from my primary. Everything is syncing the 2 vaults from the same dropbox account.

I have 1PW installed on my iPad as well, but apparently when we set it up it began using my wife's vault as the primary. On the iPad, I can access my vault, but to do so I must log in using her Master Password, which is a bit of a hassle. I'd like my iPad to use MY vault as the Primary, meaning I want my Master Password as my login. Everything works fine on the desktop macs. It's just the iPad that's the problem. Is there a way to change to my vault and my master password on the iPad, leaving everything else on all other devices, as is? Can I just delete 1Password from the iPad and re-download? Will this have any effect on the actual files stored on dropbox? Is there a different way?

(I've seen versions of this question asked in other forums but nothing quite seemed to fit with what I want to do. Sorry if this is a duplicate).

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OSX 10.10.4, iOS 8.4.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:change vault on ipad

Comments

• Hi @fredr1,

I'd be happy to help with that. :)

Can I just delete 1Password from the iPad and re-download?

Yep. Absolutely. I would of course recommend making a backup first. You can find instructions here:
    https://support.1password.com/ios-itunes-backups/

This is the easiest way to accomplish what you want. When reinstalling select that you are an existing user and select your vault to sync with. Then once that is set up add your wife's vault as a synced vault.

Will this have any effect on the actual files stored on dropbox?

It will not.

Thanks!

Ben

• fredr1
    fredr1
    Community Member

Awesome, Ben. Thanks! I didn't want to do anything until I was sure. I backup regularly so I'm all set!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fredr1: Awesome! Better safe than sorry. On behalf of Ben, you're most welcome. Be sure to reach out if we can be of further assistance! :)

This discussion has been closed.