A bit of good news for 1Password iOS users

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited August 2015 in iOS

I've come across a bit of good news regarding version downgrades. I purchased some app whose latest version supports only iOS 8. Never having previously bought an earlier version, I tried downloading it into an iOS 7 device using my Apple ID and it detected an incompatible version and offered to downgrade it to a device compatible version.

I wouldn't know if an non-committed 1Password for iOS user could do the same on an iPhone 3G, for example.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wkleem,

Thanks for sharing that! We've seen some users have success with this sort of workaround, in fact, it is documented in an earlier thread.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@Megan,

In my case it was very straight forward. Just let the IOS App Store do the downgrade and install on the iPhone 4. Simple as that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: It gets complicated with apps (such as 1Password 3) which are no longer available in the App Store, which means they would need to be installed from a backup or sync'd using iTunes. However, 1Password 4 is still available from the App Store on older devices which support it. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.