Two People Share?

Options
TDL
TDL
Community Member

If I want to share my vault with my wife, does she need to purchase a license too?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:If I want to share my vault with my wife, does she need to purchase a license too?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Your single user OS X license allows you to install the application on all the Macs used by as many as six family members living in the same household. So your wife does not need to buy another license.

You didn't say where you bought your license, though. The process for getting your wife set is a little different between the version from the AgileBits web store and the Mac App Store. If your license came from AgileBits directly, you have a license file that was applied to your copy by following the directions you got in the email acknowledging your purchase. You would just forward that message to your wife and she would follow the same directions. If, on the other hand, you bought from Apple, your wife would be able to get a copy without additional charge through Apple's Family Sharing program. You would need to set that up with Apple and be sure your wife is in the family group.

Finally, although you didn't ask, you won't be able to share a vault through iCloud, unless you both use the same AppleID. iCloud is only available if you bought the license directly from Apple. Dropbox will be the way to be able to share a vault with your wife.

If more detailed instructions are needed, let us know.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TDL,

Hawkmoth's answer is spot-on, I hope it was helpful for you! If you have more questions about that or need anything else, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.