Mac Icloud Sync

AlexTayem
AlexTayem
Community Member

I have iCloud on my Ipad and Iphone. Just purchased Mac Pro. Downloaded 1Password from App store for Mac Pro. I do not see the iCloud as an option to sync on the Mac Pro.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have iCloud on my Ipad and Iphone. Just purchased Mac Pro. Downloaded 1Password from App store for Mac Pro. I do not see the iCloud as an option to sync on the Mac Pro.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AlexTayem,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password! You should definitely see iCloud as a sync option if you've downloaded 1Password directly from the Mac App Store. If you downloaded the version of 1Password from our website however, you will not see iCloud, as this feature is currently restricted to apps purchased from the Mac App Store.

Could you please confirm your version number for me? You can find your version number for 1Password for Mac in the 1Password menu, under 'About 1Password'.

• AlexTayem
    AlexTayem
    Community Member

Sorry, the Mac is at home. I know I purchased it from the App store 1P for Mac. I know if I purchased direct from you, I will not see the icloud. However, I purchased it from the App store. Also, my iPhone and iPad has it. Where in the iPhone 1P do I find about?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AlexTayem,

No problem - once you get home, and assuming you're still having trouble with iCloud sync, please let us know which exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac, as well as your version of Mac OS X. Also, are you trying to sync your data from iCloud during the initial setup of 1Password on your Mac (as described here), or did you already set it up as a new user with an empty vault? Either way is fine, but it will help us to know.

As for the version on your iPhone, open the 1Password app and go to Settings, and the version number should be shown directly underneath the Recommend 1Password option.

Thanks, and looking forward to hearing back from you!

This discussion has been closed.