FEATURE SUGGESTION: Autofill email addresses [keyboard shortcuts in iOS Settings can be used]

ToddHerron
ToddHerron
Community Member
edited August 2015 in iOS

When you create a login on 1Password there should be a button that will allow you to Autofill your email address into the "username or email" field -- because 99% of the time your userid is your email address. This would save typing.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

because 99% of the time your userid is your email address

Whoa: steady on there...! :) That's most certainly not the case for my logins. I accept it may well be different for you but you may want to consider whether it's in fact wise to use your email address as your user id and so effectively put your email address in places where it could possibly be the subject of a hack.

I have no login which forces use of my email address as my user ID—although no doubt there are some sites out there that do. If the site doesn't compel it I see no reason at all to use it.

That's purely my view of course. I don't work for AgileBits and am merely a volunteer here.

Stephen

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

@ToddHerron

For those type of situations I use TextExpander (OS X) for filling in my email address. Alfred (OS X) and other apps offer similar shortcuts expansion. You could even use text expansion shortcuts in OS X,& iOS for that purpose (I think I don't actually use them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ).

Just a few suggestions.

• tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member

For IOS, standard keyboard shortcuts work well in virtually all such situations.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ToddHerron,

Following up to what @thightower and @tonydow have already suggested (thanks, guys!), here's a response to a similar request on Twitter:

1Password on Twitter: "@rockitude Fun tip. I set up a keyboard shortcut in Settings.app for @@ as my primary email, and @@@ as my secondary."

Hope this helps! :)

• MWindler
    MWindler
    Community Member

Hi there. I have to fill lots of time my mail-addy as username when creating an new login. I would recommend to fill up the username with my mail-addy. When I'm looking to my logins I think more then the half of my usernames are my mail-addy

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

@MWindler

Similar topic https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/230018/#Comment_230018 Feel free to join in and express your thought, and suggestions.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

Topics merged.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, Tom! :)

This discussion has been closed.