LaunchServices (Mac) insists upon looking at a volume other than MacIntosh HD when I fire up 1Passwo

Options
lamike
lamike
Community Member

LaunchServices (Mac) insists upon looking at a volume other than MacIntosh HD when I fire up 1Password 5.

I've tried quitting all programs and going to ~/Library/Preferences and trashing com.LaunchServices.plist followed by reboot with no luck

1Password Version: 5.4 Beta-36
Extension Version: 540036
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:LaunchServices (Mac) insists upon looking at a volume other than MacIntosh HD when I fire up 1Passwo

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lamike,

It looks like you used your email address as your forum username, so I changed that to remove the second half of the address so it's not displayed publicly. I hope you don't mind!

This problem you're running into is actually due to a strange issue with LaunchServices in Yosemite which causes it to open the wrong copy of 1Password mini. It can happen when Yosemite finds multiple copies of the 1Password app - in this case, it's finding the other copy in what appears to be a backup directory. Unfortunately there's not much else we can do because OS X determines which instance of 1Password mini to run, despite us telling it the right one. This must be fixed by Apple on the OS level. It doesn't affect many apps because not many apps are running two separate components at the same time.

In the meantime, to avoid this issue, you can delete the 1Password app from your backup volume (and if possible exclude the 1Password 5.app file from future backups). Your actual 1Password data is stored elsewhere on your Mac, so that will still be backed up. If necessary, you can always download a new copy of the app from our website.

I hope that helps, but please let us know if you have more questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.