1password mac yosemite. My original master password works Iphone but not on my computer..

Options
rjones07
rjones07
Community Member

No known problems with computer. Normal use of Master password on computer and I phone 5 yesterday. Today I can use Master password with Iphone 5 but Master password will not work on computer Mac yosemite OS. Have Time machine and Cloud back up.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password mac yosemite. My original master password works Iphone but not on my computer.

Comments

• rjones07
    rjones07
    Community Member
    Options

1password 5
    OS yosemite
    Cloud used sync

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rjones07,

When it comes to issues like these it's remarkably hard for any form of diagnosis. It's frustrating for both you as somebody experiencing issues and for us as we're here to help.

We have a support page titled My Master Password is not being accepted. What should I do? Does anything on that page help? Something else to consider is if you've changed your Master Password at all recently. If you have does the old one work at all?

Hopefully something there can help. What I will say is that as long as the Master Password works on your iPhone then there is hope and if need be we can try resetting the iCloud sync container, have the iOS device create a new one and set up a fresh copy of 1Password for Mac using it. Let us know if anything in that document helps though before we go through the steps of resetting things on the Mac side.

• rjones07
    rjones07
    Community Member
    Options

Need instructions to transfer data from Iphone 5, time machine or alt. exterior hard drive to mac computer. 1password master password works on Iphone but will not open on computer. OS yosemite. Also have back up of 1password on time machine and backup hard drive.Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @rjones07,

It's a bit severe but the following should work for you then if nothing in the My Master Password is not being accepted. What should I do? guide helped.

1. On your Mac follow the How do I start over with an empty vault? guide. Don't launch 1Password just yet after rebooting the Mac.
    2. Turning your attention to your iOS device, launch 1Password for iOS.
    3. Navigate to Settings > Advanced and tap the option at the bottom, Erase iCloud Data.
    4. Return to the main Settings menu and set up iCloud Sync once again, our Sync with iCloud should help if you don't remember.
    5. Once it has completed, back on your Mac you should be able to follow our Sync existing iCloud data guide.

Those steps should ensure the sync container in iCloud Drive is an exact copy of the vault on your iOS device and then have a clean copy of 1Password for Mac pull it down from iCloud. Hopefully that resolves everything so please let us know how you get along.

• rjones07
    rjones07
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to sync from phone to new vault.
    Thanks for help

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rjones07,

On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're most welcome. Thanks for following up to let us know that his instructions worked for you and you've got 1Password syncing now between your Mac and iPhone. That's good news. :)

Hopefully it will all work perfectly for you from now on, but we'll be here to help if you should need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.