I have updated numerous records with custom icons and the ones your app down loads

Options

I have updated numerous records with custom icons and the ones your app down loads this was done on windows - my mac and windows are accessing the same data file and the custom icons I used are in the same directory in dropbox what do I need to do to keep them assigned without having to move icons back and forth everytime I log in

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:missing-icons

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kshivner,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

The custom icons that you set for items in 1Password for Windows should show up in 1Password for Mac and iOS as well.

1. Are they not showing up in 1Password for Mac or iOS for you?
    2. Are they (also?) disappearing from 1Password for Windows or is the issue only on Mac and/or iOS?
    3. Just to be clear, you are referring to setting custom icons as described in this section of the User Guide, correct? https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/using-custom-icons
  • kshivner
    kshivner
    Community Member
    Options

Yes
    They were added under windows at work then came home and they don't show on laptop
    Also on laptop did download rich icons last night and they are not there today

• kshivner
    kshivner
    Community Member
    Options

Followed guide for custom icons

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @kshivner,

The custom icons would be stored within your data file, the sync of that data file to other devices is all you need to do. Rich Icons are not stored in your data file but rather selectively downloaded from our Rich Icons service based on what 1Password program you're using. For an example, if we know you're not using a Retina display, we send you a non-retina icon.

Can you confirm that the data is syncing properly between all of the computers you have? If you create a new item on the Mac, it'd show up in the Windows right away and vis versa, from Windows to Mac?

Also, is your data file named 1Password.agilekeychain or 1Password.opvault? This may have an impact on how this works.

• kshivner
    kshivner
    Community Member
    Options

Data file is named:
    1Password_Keith.agilekeychain

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kshivner: Thanks! Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action. A screenshot might help!

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you having trouble with all custom icons, or just certain ones? Do they still show on the device where you added them, or have they disappeared there too? Thanks in advance! :)

• kshivner
    kshivner
    Community Member
    Options

It seems to be related more to the secure notes folder then other places - I assign icons I download and they do not hold even in the backup

The other folders seem to work after I bought a license

I would think at least the backup would have it is why I did to hopefully reinstall those icons but no

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kshivner: Without the information I requested in my previous post (which you also left out of your original post) it's impossible for us to test this myself to see if I can replicate the issue you're having or provide a workaround. But again as MikeT mentioned, Rich Icons are not stored in your vault. Please let us know what you find and we'll see what we can do to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.