I entered an incorrect URL in the tool bar and now can't get rid of it and can't open the website?

lynmont
lynmont
Community Member

I clicked on the 1Password icon in the tool bar and typed "optum" in the search, instead of Optum Rx. After that, the website would not open, even with the correct Title, User Name and Password. I tried everything I could think of, but nothing worked. I suspect some problem between 1Password and my browser, Safari. Am having similar problem with another website. Also, I cannot get Dropbox to open. HELP!

1Password Version: 1 Password 5
Extension Version: 1 Passport for Mac
OS Version: OS X 10.10.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I entered an incorrect URL in the tool bar and now can't get rid of it and can't open the website?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @lynmont,

When you use 1Password mini to search your vault all it does is narrow down the list of matching items based on what you've typed. I rarely type more than 2-3 characters myself as that is typically all I need to filter the list enough. Whatever search string you used, it won't have altered the Login item as only editing an item can do that.

Can I ask, if you were to open the main 1Password window and select this Login item, can you log into the site in question if you copy and paste the details from the Login item to your browser? It might be the data in the Login item is fine but we're having problems filling the page for an unknown reason. So the first thing to do is confirm that you can log into the website without using the 1Password extension. Once we know that we can look at why the Login item might be failing.

When you say you cannot get Dropbox to open what do you mean, are you referring to loading the main page, logging into their site or do you mean the Dropbox service on your Mac?

• lynmont
    lynmont
    Community Member

From the main 1Password window, I can log into the site, but when I copy and paste the details from the Login and hit Enter, it just brings up a bland Login window again.

• lynmont
    lynmont
    Community Member

I meant blank.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lynmont,

Can you check something for me please.

When you view a Login item you should see at the top the username and password fields.

There is also a button near the bottom that is titled show web form details. When you click this you're going to see a number of fields. These are the fields that are present on the actual web page and the values are what we attempt to fill back into the blank web page. It might be the web page is doing something funky and there are multiple password fields, is it possible that we've correctly recorded the real password for this site but 1Password has mistaken another field for the real password? It's a bit speculative but it's hard to say anything definitive without knowing the site in question.

So in the web form details section you should see one field that claims to be your password and you may see other fields that contain something that looks like a password, if you try logging in with that does it make any difference?

• lynmont
    lynmont
    Community Member

Thanks for the suggestion. But when I looked into "show web form details," it just showed the same user name and password that I have been using. When I hit submit, a blank log-in comes up (again) and the website name disappears if you open 1Password in the tool bar.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lynmont,

It might be we need to move this to email as I'm not sure if the forums are proving a good medium for communicating the issue. I'll email you momentarily.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

So I've now emailed you @lynmont. As we've moved to email I'm going to go ahead and close this thread but if you have any further questions or issues please do post :smile:

ref: XSJ-78235-861

This discussion has been closed.