Is there any way to view the actual license key for 1Password 4?

Options
BigfootMN
BigfootMN
Community Member

With previous versions (2,3) you could see the actual alpha numeric key under the '1Password:License' menu item. Now, when I look, it shows my name, that I am licensed for 1Password 5, and the date purchased. I requested an email with all my license info and, under the 1Password 5 listing, it had a key for 1Password 3. While I realize that 1Password 4/5 use a license file, Is there no similar license key to view?

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: OS X 10.9.5
Sync Type: Dropbox only
Referrer: forum-search:can I view the license key for 1Password 4?

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BigfootMN,

Nope, as you mentioned, with 1Password 4 and 5, the file itself is the actual license, and there is no key code, as such. Is there a reason why you're asking?

• BigfootMN
    BigfootMN
    Community Member
    Options

As with many other things I track, I have kept track of most software license numbers in 1Password. I have the last three for 1Password and wanted to keep up the records. I do have the new key for 1Password 3 that came with the license information request (still have one computer on Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8).

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, interesting! What type of item do you use to keep track of this info? Is it in a Secure Note, or a Software License? Either way, you can add the license file to the item as an attachment; would that work for you?

Additionally, I know that 1Password 5 actually stores the license file in itself as a Software License item, and I believe that 1Password 4 does the same. Do you see yours listed in the Software Licenses category?

• BigfootMN
    BigfootMN
    Community Member
    Options

I do see the 1Password 4 item listed in the application. Very nice how it loaded it automatically. Anyway, I guess that should suffice. It is just different from what I am used to, but guess I can learn to live with it. I do use the software license category, so it fits in with the rest of it.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Good to hear, @BigfootMN! I'm sure our goal there was to make it easier for you, so you don't have to fill in all the license information yourself, but I could see how that might be different than what you're used to. But I'm glad it will work for you. :) Have a nice weekend!

This discussion has been closed.