Is there a way to archive specific accounts that I don't use any more?

Options
bayoyong
bayoyong
Community Member
edited August 2015 in Mac

E.g. I have a savings account that I don't want to show up in my bank accounts list, but I still want to keep the info in case I need in the future.

1Password Version: 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:archive

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Most users who want to do what you are asking about create a secondary vault and name it Archive. You would then copy the records you no longer use, but want to keep, from your main vault to the one named Archive. If you want to sync that Archive vault among devices, you'll need to set up sync for it specifically, since syncing is by vault.

You'll find this page helpful: Add items to a vault. It covers the process of moving records to a vault, as well as adding new ones.

• bayoyong
    bayoyong
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome. Thx much!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's certainly the best option I know of at the moment @bayoyong. You can also edit an item and set the display setting to Never display in browser but this is a per item setting and only alters the visibility in 1Password mini. The advantage of the archive vault is that you can shift a number of items in either direction in a single move if needed. Glad hawkmoth was able to help :smile:

• Nathaniel
    Nathaniel
    Community Member
    Options

With more and more online services and accounts there's sites that close down and there's accounts that people suspend, deactivate and delete.
    To make these more profiles existing, I thought it would be the perfect time to implement account archiving into 1Password where archived accounts wouldn't:

• Appear in searches
    • Appear in all items
    • Appear in 1Password Mini or the App Filler
      as they aren't needed to.
      It would be like the bin in a way (isolated completely) but for keeping logins and other items in the event they are ever needed.
      I could in addition to logins see it being useful for:

• Bank accounts which are inactive or closed but keeping the account numbers for records

• Keeping expired credit/debit card info for reference
    • Saving expired membership card numbers
      I think this feature will be really useful as I don't like items that I may never use again coming up in searches or accounts that no-longer exist in autofill.

Thank you,

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Nathaniel,

I've moved your Allow Old Items to be archived post to this related discussion, with responses from hawkmoth and littlebobbytables that could be useful for what you're suggesting and interested in doing. If you're not familiar with multiple vaults, there's more information here in the User Guide:

Multiple Vaults

I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.