Worked, now doesn't

mbauer
mbauer
Community Member

I had things working with my apple watch and now it acts like I had never added any items and it won't let me add any new ones. The only change I can think of is that I recently got my wife to use 1password (after years of asking) and moved some of the items to a new shared keychain.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mbauer: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you having trouble after updating to a new version of iOS? To be clear, only items in the primary vault can be added to Apple Watch at this time. please let me know what you find. Thanks in advance! :)

• mbauer
    mbauer
    Community Member

@brenty: iOS8, iphone 6+, 1Password Pro

I tried uninstalling the watch app, turning on/off watch access on the phone (1Password). I noticed no that the watch app, when reinstalled, posts the message about requiring the pro version of the app rather than just a blank page (after entering the pass code). I moved some of the previously synced items to a new shared vault (on a mac, 1Password v5.3), but none of the items show up now. I thought perhaps I broke some links or violated some security thing when I moved those items.

Thanks,

Mike

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mbauer: I don't think it's you at all. A number of people have reported that the connection between the Watch and iPhone can be a bit temperamental. Since you've already tried reinstalling the Watch app, please backup your data and then reinstall 1Password completely. Many have found that this is necessary to get the two talking again. Personally, I'm really looking forward to iOS 9 and watchOS 2.0. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• mbauer
    mbauer
    Community Member

@brenty No good. I'll keep trying. I'll post any success.

Yes, watchOS 2.0 should be a big help.

Thanks for the quick response.

• mbauer
    mbauer
    Community Member

@brenty Ah, based on the discussion by @IslmnoTechGuy , I'm just remembered that I had just started experimenting with family share AND shared vaults when this problem occurred.

• Hi @mbauer! I have a couple thoughts here.

1. since you moved some items into a shared vault, it's is worth noting that currently 1Password for Apple Watch only reads from the Primary vault. We're aware of the need to support secondary vaults, but we need to find a good way to do that behind the scenes. It's a bit tricky.
    2. If you are using Apple's Family Sharing in the App Store, only the primary Apple ID in the family will have the Pro features, as in-app purchases don't fall under the purview of Family Sharing (we really wish they did). However, the other family members can re-purchase the Pro features if they want them. Again, we wish this were different.
    3. If the items are in the Primary vault and the Apple ID has the Pro features, maybe try remove the item from Apple Watch by tapping Remove from Apple Watch. Then tap Add to Apple Watch again and see if the re-tagging process helps out.

Let me know if any of that sounds like the cause, and if it helps.

This discussion has been closed.