Clicking add-on icon does nothing in Firefox [Resolved by starting 1Password Helper]

Options
koberulz
koberulz
Community Member
edited August 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Just upgraded to the latest Firefox, and the 1Password 4 add-on. Clicking the icon results in precisely nothing happening. Well, the grey outline around the button gets slightly darker for a tenth of a second or so, but nothing useful.

I previously had the version 3 add-on, but that apparently doesn't work with the newest Firefox. I do have v4 of the 1Password program.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.585
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: Windows Vista
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:uninstall-1password, kb-search:clicking icon does nothing

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @koberulz,

First, can you open the main 1Password program, and go to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper. After that, restart Firefox, and see if clicking on the 1Password icon does anything.

If not, can you tell us what security programs you're using along with the anti-malware solution you might have installed?

• koberulz
    koberulz
    Community Member
    Options

That worked, thanks.

• MikeT
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi @koberulz,

I'm glad to hear that. Just to make sure this is working for good, please reboot your computer and see if it still works without manually starting 1Password Helper.

We've seen this before where Windows wouldn't open 1Password Helper right away on startups, that's why it works if you start 1Password Helper manually from the main program.

If it doesn't work, that means there's a configuration issue we need to fix on your computer.

• koberulz
    koberulz
    Community Member
    Options

Works fine after a reboot, too.

• That's great news, thanks for confirming it for me.

This discussion has been closed.