[RESOLVED] iCloud: Failed to Fetch Some Record Zones / Failed to Enable iCloud [8/31/15]

AGKyle
AGKyle
1Password Alumni
edited August 2015 in iOS

This morning we started receiving reports of users encountering issues syncing with iCloud in 1Password for iOS. We've investigated again and can confirm it's the same issue that occurred last week. And we've got the wheels in motion to get it resolved asap. Last week it took a couple of hours after we reported it to get it fixed so hopefully we'll see a resolution in the same, or less, time.

Symptoms

It presents itself differently depending on a few things:

1. The initial symptoms likely showed for existing users as items not syncing or updating.
  2. For new users, iCloud syncing would just fail to setup with the error message "Failed to enable iCloud".
  3. For users who disabled iCloud syncing and tried to re-enable it, they'd see "Failed to Fetch Some Record Zones".

1Password for Mac seems to sync properly to other Macs. It's only 1Password for iOS that is affected by this.

Workarounds

Alternative sync solutions like Wi-Fi Sync and Dropbox continue to function. Again, this issue only affects iCloud syncing in 1Password for iOS. We can assist you in getting things switched over if you would like some help.

Receive updates on this issue

I've filed a report with Apple, and I'm awaiting information from them to either tell where we went wrong or that it's something on their side. We'll update you all here as we learn more. You can subscribe to email updates about this issue by clicking the star in the upper right:

Thank you for your patience and understanding, I'm here with you until we get this resolved for you all.

Comments

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

We've received word that a fix is in place and that the error should stop showing up. I've tested on my own device here and it does indeed appear to be working for me.

Let us know how it's turning out for you.

This discussion has been closed.