Upgrade 1P with Mac OS 10.7.5 and Firefox 40.0.3

Options
sagekim
sagekim
Community Member

I have Mac OS 10.7.5. 1Password extension is missing from Firefox 40. I'd like to upgrade 1P without upgrading to Yosemite, can I do that with my current OS? In your instructions for upgrading from 1P 3, you indicate I should be sure all my logins are saved by adding a new one from the 1P icon in my browser, but since it doesn't show in Firefox 40, is there another way to be sure all my logins are saved? What do you recommend at this point? I can't upgrade to Yosemite yet, it would require too many software upgrades at once and I'd be too overwhelmed with all the changes.

1Password Version: 3.9.6
Extension Version: 3.9.2
OS Version: OS X 10.7.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:missing-extension-button, kb:upgrade-mac, kb:uninstall-v3-extension, kb:v3-extension-firefox, kb-search:I have Mac OS 10.7.5. 1Password extension is missing from Firefox 40. I'd like to upgrade 1P without upgrading to Yosemite, can I do that with my current OS? In your instructions for upgrading from 1P 3, you indicate I should be sure all my logins are saved by adding a new one from the 1P icon in my browser, but since it doesn't show in Firefox 40, is there another way to be sure all my logins are saved?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @sagekim,

Sadly you are currently running the latest version of 1Password that works with Lion (AKA OS X 10.7). The oldest version of OS X that will run 1Password 4 for Mac is Mountain Lion (AKA OS X 10.8) and 1Password 5 for Mac does require the latest, Yosemite.

What has happened here is that in Firefox 40 Mozilla removed something called the widgets module which our older extension for 1Password 3 relied on. With it's removal the extension has been broken. The options aren't great for Lion users but we've detailed them here, 1Password 3 extension missing in Firefox 40 or later. For now your best option is probably Firefox ESR 38. It's a drop in replacement for Firefox 40 and you'll continue to get security updates until around May of next year before they release the next ESR version. What you won't get are non-security updates meaning the widget module is safe until then. It will give you time to consider how you would like to proceed.

Sorry about this.

This discussion has been closed.