Suggest password Order in Browser Extensions by the best fits

davidperezgar
davidperezgar
Community Member

I usually use different passwords for the similar website, and it should be nice, the suggestion would be the best fit for the actual web.
For example:
http://localhost/web/
Suggest the password that fits better to this website.

1Password Version: 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @davidperezgar,

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. If you have one or more Login items saved for a certain site, and you go to that site and click the 1Password extension, it should suggest any Logins that match the site. Are you saying the 1Password extension is not suggesting matching Login items for a site?

I think I probably misunderstood what you meant, so if you can elaborate on that and give some more details about what you would like 1Password to do, or what isn't working as it should, that will help. Thanks in advance!

• davidperezgar
    davidperezgar
    Community Member

Hello, No it suggests correctly, I'm talking about the order of suggesting. It should order with the best fits first and then go further.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@davidperezgar: Ah, understood. But could you clarify what you mean by 'best fit'? We may be able to add logic for this to 1Password in the future, but your 'best fit' criteria may be different than mine. ;)

In the mean time though, it is often helpful to mark specific Login items as Favorites, as that will put them at the top of the list for the site, regardless of how many other Login items you have saved for it. Cheers! :)

• davidperezgar
    davidperezgar
    Community Member

Hello Brenty, when I say best fits, the one that in percentage is most similar to the one in the browser like a subdirectory. Maybe it should order as well the most used first.

I think, when you manage a lot of passwords, it should help you to find the password that we want first. Yes I know favorites. Thanks.

I hope it's a helpful information.
    Regards.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @davidperezgar,

Do you mean you have multiple Login items for the same site/domain (or possibly subdomain) and you see the appropriate Logins suggested in the 1Password extension, but they aren't listed in the order you expect?

If your question is about the order of the Logins in the extension, it works like this: When you're on a website with a login form, the 1Password extension will suggest the Login items that match the URL you're viewing. The suggested Logins are shown at the top of the extension (right under the 'Search' field). It puts what it believes is the closest match on the top, and it determines that by the URL (so any Login items with URLs that have the same domain as the current site are considered matches). If any of those Logins are marked as Favorites, they will appear at the top of that list, followed by the rest of the matching Logins, listed alphabetically.

In other words, if you have 4 Login items for a website, and they all have the same URL, and none of them are marked as Favorites, those 4 Logins will be listed alphabetically at the top of the extension when you're on that website.

On the other hand, if you click on the 1Password extension in your browser and view the full list of all your Login items, those will all be listed alphabetically (by item title).

Now, I'm not quite sure if that's what you're asking about. If it isn't, it will help if you can give us an example of exactly how 1Password is working for you right now (i.e. the steps you take, and what 1Password does/shows when you take those steps), as well as how you would want it to work instead. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.