Syncing via iCloud for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air

Options
kjetil2
kjetil2
Community Member

I have purchased 1Password from AppStore, and set up iCloud-sync. I have one MacBook Pro and one MacBook Air, and both have sync the last minute. But I don't get passwords from one Mac to the next. What is wrong?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kjetil2,

I'm sorry iCloud sync doesn't seem to be working correctly! Just to make sure I understand, do you mean changes to 1Password on one Mac never sync to the other Mac, or do you mean they just don't sync immediately?

If your changes never sync from one Mac to the other, please double-check your sync settings on each Mac by following these steps:

• Open 1Password and go to the menu for 1Password > Preferences.
    • Click the Sync tab.
    • Make sure it shows your vault is set to sync with iCloud. If it isn't, set up iCloud sync by following the steps here.
    • Repeat these steps on the other Mac.

If iCloud sync is already set up in 1Password on both Macs, pleas make sure you're using the same iCloud account on both by opening the System Preferences app and selecting iCloud. Your Apple ID (email address) needs to be exactly the same there on both Macs.

If everything seems to be set up correctly but sync isn't working, we have more troubleshooting steps here: Troubleshooting iCloud sync issues

Do any of those troubleshooting steps help? Let us know how it all goes, thanks!

• kjetil2
    kjetil2
    Community Member
    Options

I mean that charges don't sync from one Mac to the other. I use my "Air" work, and the "preferances" said that it's been synced, but I don't get the password on my MacBook Pro at home.
    All iCloud setting are the same on both Mac's.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kjetil2,

In that case, I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your Macs, so we can take a deeper look at the situation.

On each Mac, please attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the reports we should be able to better assist you with this iCloud sync issue. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.