Question about versions and purchase period

Options

Hi,
I'm considering buying license for windows, but as I manage to understand , it's only for the specific current version.
I want to kindly ask , what is the frequency of your version release ?
I mean , How much time will I use this version until I will have to pay again for the next version ?

(In addition, some day the browser extension will no longer support the old version, so I would "must" buy the new version and this is a real consideration for me for buying this wonderful software).

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi @user30000z,

It's usually in years. You can checkout our entire history logs here for the two 1Password versions we've only released for Windows.

Our first version (1Password 1.x for Windows) was released on 2010-04-19 and our second version (1Password 4.x for Windows, we've skipped 2 and 3) was on 2014-06-17, we also gave everyone who purchased 1Password 1.x for Windows in 2013 and 2014 a free upgrade to 1Password 4. Anyone before 2013 would pay the upgrade price instead. If you've looked at our history log, you'd see we do release a lot of minor updates for free (over 220 updates)

I hope this helps a bit, we don't have any information about the next version as it is a bit far out.

Note that it is not in sync with the Mac/iOS platforms, which is at the 5th version but 5th was a free upgrade to all 4th version customers. 1Password 4.x for Windows is identical to 1Password 5 for Mac/iOS and 1Password 4 for Android.

• user30000z
    user30000z
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the detailed answer Mike.

• You're absolutely welcome. If you have any questions or need assistance, let us know, we'll be here to help with anything you need.

This discussion has been closed.