1Password 3 for Mac 3.8.22. Trouble downloading browser extension for Firefox

Options

I am new to using 1Password. I am switching from using Safari as my browser to use Firefox. In 1Password preferences I am trying to download Firefox as a browser extension. And the window comes up that "Flock is not currently set as your default browser" What is Flock? Do I need it to be my default browser? If I answer NO to making Flock my browser will 1Password still work?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Leah

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Leah ( @LKaizer ),

My guess is that Flock is this social web browser:

Flock for Mac | MacUpdate

Flock will be discontinuing support on April 26, 2011. See here for more information.

If you're not currently using it, which is probably best since it was discontinued so long ago and likely has security issues, then I recommend deleting it. And you'll want to make sure your default web browser is set to Firefox; see this Apple Support article for how to do that:

Set the default email app and web browser on your Mac - Apple Support

Flock definitely doesn't need to be your default browser, or installed at all, for 1Password to work.

Which version of OS X are you running 1Password 3.8.22 on? And which version of Firefox?

1Password 3 browser extensions can be downloaded from this page:

1Password 3 for Mac | Browser Extensions

Do note that the 1Password 3 extension is not compatible with Firefox 40 or higher. This article on our support site has more details about that:

1Password 3 extension missing in Firefox 40 or later

I hope this helps you get the 1Password 3 extension working with a compatible version of Firefox on your system. Let us know if you're have any further trouble with it and we'll be happy to continue helping. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.