Sync Error dropbox

paloa
paloa
Community Member

I believe the original cause of error was dropbox got unliked from my computer. Relinked it and it created another layer of directories. I have been able to get everything else to work except 1password.

Dropbox error: vault not found
Following instructions I have reset 1Password on Android (article how do I start over with an empty vault)
-I quit 1Password. Setting app. used app manager to clear data. It shows 0 data.
after that didn't work I also cleared data and uninstalled the app.
after redownloading and reinstalling.

After new install and 0 data

It goes through quick tour & welcome.
I choose sync existing vault
Sync via drop box
select vault
use this vault
password

Sync error.

I am at a loss at how to fix this.

1Password Version: 4.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: android 5.0.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peri
    edited September 2015

Hi @paloa. Is the error message you're seeing at the moment the same as before (i.e. Vault not found)? If so, this message indicates that the vault you originally configured 1Password to sync with has been moved or deleted.

At the moment, 1Password 4 for Android allows you to select your data folder from any path, but once you have selected the path, it does not allow you to change it without resetting the application.

However, once you reset the app by clearing app data or reinstalling, you should be given the option of choosing a new sync path. Can you confirm that you have a 1Password vault in Dropbox? If so, are you configuring sync with the vault in that location after clearing app data?

If the error you're seeing now is different from the "Vault not found" error you mentioned, please let us know. Thanks!

• paloa
    paloa
    Community Member

Thank-you. That helped me fix it.

I used the computer version to change where the vault was located on dropbox. after choosing that path it now works.

Previously
    Interesting after I linked to dropbox 1Password searched and found a vault. I choose that vault and received the error. There is a vault at that location but it is an old vault that had not been updated recently. maybe a vault created by the previous version.

In any case explicitly moving the vault and explicitly choosing that path did get it working. thank-you.

• That's good news, @paloa! I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve the error and get everything syncing properly again. :)

If any other issues arise in the future, please let us know. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.