Problems with Dropbox Syncing

Options
drgardner
drgardner
Community Member

I'm having problems getting Dropbox syncing on multiple iOS devices. I've setup two vaults, one personal (which was my original vault) and a family vault. I sync via Dropbox, and I'm able to access both vaults on my iMac, my wife's MacBook Air, and my iPhone (a 6).

I've added 1Password to my wife's iPhone 6 (paid for pro version to sync multiple vaults). It's able to sync with the family vault, but won't sync with her personal vault.

I've now added 1Password to a work phone (also a 6), and attempted to point to my personal vault via Dropbox. It failed -- I got through the series of screens to authorize Dropbox, which succeeded, then selected the desired vault. It showed a blank screen for several minutes. I cancelled this and repeated the process of few times, with the same result.

I then selected the shared Family vault. That worked.

However, I can't now change to a different vault. The application goes through the process, allows me to select the vault, and acts as though it's been successful, however it remains pointed to the original vault. I repeatedly attempt to change, and it never works.

Why won't it let me select the primary vault? It's listed second in the Dropbox directory. Why can't I change vaults?

1Password Version: 5.5
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: iOS 8.4.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @drgardner,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble getting multiple vaults set up properly. Could you please create a diagnostic report from your iPhone for us? You can find instructions here:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Ben

• drgardner
    drgardner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bwoodruff , thanks for the prompt reply. I appreciate your help in getting this resolved as it's affecting a couple of devices.

I tried to create the diagnostics report and ran into a problem -- I get to the "Send Diagnostics" command, select it, and receive an error message: Enable Email. Email is disabled. Please enable Mail in Settings and try again.

I've looked around in both 1Password and in the system settings, and I'm not seeing a setting to allow me to enable mail. Can you give me a pointer?

(The issue may be that I am using Outlook for email, and don't have an account set up in iOS itself...if that's the issue, I'll have to temporarily add an account...)

Thanks.

• (The issue may be that I am using Outlook for email, and don't have an account set up in iOS itself...if that's the issue, I'll have to temporarily add an account...)

Unfortunately yes, that would be the issue. We don't have a mail client built into 1Password, and instead rely on the built-in Mail app for sending in diagnostic reports.

Thanks.

Ben

• drgardner
    drgardner
    Community Member
    Options

No worries. Account added, diagnostics generated, and just sent in.

Thank you.

• Thanks! You should've received an automated reply from BitBot with a ticket number. Could you please post that here?

• OldEars
    OldEars
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having a similar problem - only 2 copies of my account, MacBook Pro (OS X 10.10.4) and iPhone 6+ (iOS 8.4). Sync through DropBox. Looking at a prior comment, I disabled WiFi and the phone which was previously showing "Failed to list remote Dropbox.." now shows successful sync'ing, but the password I changed this morning on the computer still shows the OLD password on the phone. I sent in a diagnostic report with this thread number and a message "NOTE: THIS SHOULD BE THE SECOND DIAGNOSTIC REPORT FOR THIS THREAD at the top of the body text.

• Thanks, OldEars. Could you please post your ticket number?

• bruce123
    bruce123
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Having the Se challenge as dr gardener. Very frustrating for a relatively expensive app.

• bruce123
    bruce123
    Community Member
    Options

Have purchased the pro version but my new phone is not recognising this?

• bruce123
    bruce123
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    Thanks, but you have just copied all the comments above which I have already read? Again, pretty disappointing for an expensive app. Works fine on my windows and Android and Mac, but iPhone is a problem. Perhaps rather than trying to get everyone with the same issue to email links etc, just post the solution here. Or offer a refund for something that doesn't work as it should. Thanks,
    Bruce

• bruce123
    bruce123
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    I do appreciate your prompt response but am becoming increasingly frustrated with this not working for some 2 months now

• @bruce123,

Perhaps rather than trying to get everyone with the same issue to email links etc, just post the solution here.

We need a diagnostics report from you in order to see what the issue is. The post I linked to above contains the instructions for sending the diagnostics report.

Or offer a refund for something that doesn't work as it should. Thanks,

1Password for iOS is a free app. 1Password for iOS Pro features are sold by Apple, and as such we cannot refund them. They are not required for Dropbox syncing, which it appears is the source of your frustration.

I do appreciate your prompt response but am becoming increasingly frustrated with this not working for some 2 months now

I apologize you've been having difficulties for so long, but it appears this is the first time you've contacted us about the issue? If you can please send us a diagnostic report, following the instructions above, including posting your ticket ID here, I'm sure we can get this sorted out for you in no time. :)

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.