Quicksilver - its 1Password Plugin is failing to catalog Agile Keychain data

Options
QueFA
QueFA
Community Member
edited September 2015 in Mac

I have followed the instructions for integrating with QuickSilver App:

• 1Password Preferences > Advanced > Checked Box for "Enable integration with 3rd party apps"
• 1Password Preferences > Sync > Also sync Primary vault with Dropbox (location: username > Dropbox > 1Password > 1Password.agilekeychain
• QuickSilver Preferences > Plugins > Checked Box for 1 Password Plugin
• QuickSilver Preferences > Catalog > 1Password > Checked Box for all 1Password options

Yet, I still don't have my 1Password web site logins in the QuickSilver catalog.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 5.3 (530029) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Wifi and Dropbox

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi @QueFA,

The 1Password Plugin for Quicksilver should be able to catalog data from your Agile Keychain in Dropbox. To figure out where it's getting stuck let's walk through all the steps.

• Are you running Quicksilver 1.3.0 (current latest version)?
    • 1Password Plugin 2.7.1 is installed and enabled in Quicksilver > Preferences > Plugins:

This version of the plugin does not require Enable integration with 3rd party apps to be enabled in 1Password Advanced Preferences and appears to ignore any integration data that exists when it is enabled.

• 1Password Keychain Folder is set to the correct path in Quicksilver > Preferences > 1Password:

In your case, something like:
      Users > username > Dropbox > 1Password > 1Password.agilekeychain

• 1Password is listed under Sources in Quicksilver > Preferences > Catalog > Plugins, with all checkboxes for it enabled:

Sounds like you're not seeing any item counts there. Do they appear after clicking the Reload source icon in the bottom right corner?

Here's an example of results after items from an Agile Keychain are successfully cataloged with the 1Password Plugin:

If items still aren't being cataloged for Quicksilver do make sure it's reading the correct and undamaged Agile Keychain data. Also check you're running the latest versions. And simply restarting your Mac might help.

I successfully tested with Quicksilver 1.3.0, 1Password Plugin 2.7.1, and 1Password 5.4.BETA-40 on 10.11 GM Candidate (15A282a).

I now see that you've also reported this problem in the Quicksilver Discussion Group:

1Password Not Working - Google Groups

Rob McBroom submitted a fix for the 1Password Plugin. I suggest following up more there if you're still having trouble; there's nothing we can fix in 1Password to get that plugin working.

Hope this helps and you're successful! :)

• QueFA
    QueFA
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks for such a thorough and well-written reply. Problem fixed. The issue was at

1Password Keychain Folder is set to the correct path in Quicksilver > Preferences > 1Password:

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @QueFA,

On behalf of @sjk, you're very welcome! I'm really glad to hear his information helped solve the problem, and I'll make sure he sees your comments about that. Thanks for following up to let us know where you found the issue! :)

This discussion has been closed.