Chrome extension auto-fill not working on CertifiedProfile.com

Options

I tried reinstalling the extension and using auto-type for this site. The username fills in but the password field does not. If I click on the login again (in the extension), now the password fills in the username field (in the clear).

1Password Version: 4.6.0.585
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90 (Google Chrome)
OS Version: Windows 10.0 (Build 10240)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @mayraberm,

First, please de-select the option to use auto-type for this specific Login item, it will type your password in the username because of how the site is designed. Auto-Type is very simplistic, it will type username, tab, type password, and press enter. It does not pay attention to where you are in the page, that's why you should be careful to always focus the username field before using Auto-Type.

Once you save the change to disable Auto-Type for the Login; visit the site, try filling in with Control + \, wait for it to finish clearing the password field and focuses the password field for you. Now, try pressing Control + \ again, that should get it to work.

The issue is how the site designed the form, it seems to have a hidden form that 1Password has trouble getting through, the site automatically cleared the password field when you filled it in the first time but if you try again, it should work because the correct visible password field is focused.

• mayraberm
    mayraberm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike. This works!

• You're welcome! I've also filed a bug report with our extension team to look to see if we can do it right on the first try.

This discussion has been closed.