1P 6 won't let me use Touch ID

Options
Mr. Laser Beam
Mr. Laser Beam
Community Member

I have Touch ID enabled in 1Password, but after I updated to version 6 of 1P (and iOS 9 on my phone), it won't work anymore. It makes me enter my master password every time. What's going on here? I tried force-quitting and relaunching, but the problem remains.

1Password Version: 6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    Options

never mind, I found it, I had to disable and then immediately re-enable Touch ID within 1P.

I'm glad that worked, but why would I have to do this? Is it normal?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

I can't say normal...., but, I have also have had to toggle it in the past. I haven't updated yet, so I cannot comment on this specific version.

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    Options

Also, has anyone else had the problem where 1P6 would not show up in Software Update under iOS? I could only get it onto my devices (even when I'd already updated them to iOS 9) by first getting the new app into iTunes, then syncing to my iPhone and iPad.

• justme12
    justme12
    Community Member
    Options

Showed up as update fine on my iPhone 6 and updated. On my iPad Mini Retina no show. Restarted iPad, kept trying in App Store. Nada. So

I deleted 1Password on the iPad and re-downloaded it from my Purchased list and it came in as 1PW 6 on install. Weird.

But all working as usual.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Also, has anyone else had the problem where 1P6 would not show up in Software Update under iOS? I could only get it onto my devices (even when I'd already updated them to iOS 9) by first getting the new app into iTunes, then syncing to my iPhone and iPad.

@Mr. Laser Beam: Yes! It took me about a day to get the update. Though, that isn't quite right... The App Store was showing all of the updates, but no "Update" button; they all just said "Open" for the first 24 hours or so. It seems to have just been a store glitch though, because it has since fixed itself, no thanks to me! :lol:

@justme12: I'm glad to hear that all is well. But don't hesitate to reach out if you encounter any further issues. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.