got one for yah…
So I'm running the current release version of 1Password (5.3.2) and I want to update it to the latest beta version.
- My vault is unlocked.
- I download the beta application from your website.
- I quit the 5.3.2 version because I know I need to have the application quit before the Finder will allow me to replace the old version.
- I drag over the 5.4.BETA-40 version to my Applications folder.
- The correctly tells me that I already have a file of this name in the location and asks me if I want to stop, replace or keep both versions.
- I choose replace.
- The old version is deleted and the new one is in it's place.
- I then look at my menubar and realize that I had forgotten to quit 1Password mini. I click it and see that it is still running and that my vault is still unlocked.
- I go to the cog wheel of 1Password mini, as I know it must be still the old code running, and select Quit 1Password mini.
- 1Password mini quits, but I've noticed lately that when 1Password mini is quit that the full 1Password application launches and quits.
- Well this happened this time too, but it was the 1Password 5.4-BETA40 that was launched upon the quitting of 1Password mini 5.3.2.
- The result, 1Password 5.4-BETA40 crashes and I have to force quit.
So perhaps if you have some time, you could put in some sort of check for those of us that do silly thing like the above.
1Password Version: 5.3.2 > 5.4-BETA40
Extension Version: 4.5.0.b1
OS Version: 10.11 DP8
Sync Type: Dropbox