Back Ground Updating?

I recently got a new iMac and got 1Password all setup just fine but I can't seem to find how to use a feature. On my MBP I remember entering a terminal command that allowed 1Password to auto update in the background, so when I would open up the app I would see a small tab on the bottom right side of the window letting me know all the patch notes, but the updates had already been applied and I was never prompted to install and relaunch. Is this feature still active and if so can any one point me to a link or the command to re enable it? Thanks.

Comments

• bswins
    edited May 2011

I recently got a new iMac and got 1Password all setup just fine but I can't seem to find how to use a feature. On my MBP I remember entering a terminal command that allowed 1Password to auto update in the background, so when I would open up the app I would see a small tab on the bottom right side of the window letting me know all the patch notes, but the updates had already been applied and I was never prompted to install and relaunch. Is this feature still active and if so can any one point me to a link or the command to re enable it? Thanks.

Hello The JTizzle,

I believe you are referring to the terminal command Marty mentioned in this post: Automated software upgrade testing needed

It's a pretty long thread, but Khad's post may give you an answer to your question: Auto Update Status

However, I'm using the latest Mac BETA version, and I've had several instances where I was alerted to new updates...however, they were not automatically downloaded.

The change log for BETA-30 did mention a change labeled Improved automatic updates. You can find the BETA downloads/change logs here: 1P BETAs

Hope this helps.

Brandt
  • bswins wrote:

Hello The JTizzle,

I believe you are referring to the terminal command Marty mentioned in this post: Automated software upgrade testing needed

It's a pretty long thread, but Khad's post may give you an answer to your question: Auto Update Status

However, I'm using the latest Mac BETA version, and I've had several instances where I was alerted to new updates...however, they were not automatically downloaded.

The change log for BETA-30 did mention a change labeled Improved automatic updates. You can find the BETA downloads/change logs here: 1P BETAs

Hope this helps.

Brandt

yup that was it. I check that other thread and saw its been "put on the back burner" so I'm gonna think about enabling it, but I book marked it just in case. Once again, thanks a bunch.

• yup that was it. I check that other thread and saw its been "put on the back burner" so I'm gonna think about enabling it, but I book marked it just in case. Once again, thanks a bunch.

Glad the links were helpful. I'm sure the subject will resurface again before too long.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.