1PW6 on iOS9: Notes texteditbox only shows two lines when editing [Confirmed bug]

Options
kenkk
kenkk
Community Member
edited September 2015 in iOS

Hi to anyone reading this:

I'm using 1Password v6.0 with iOS v9.0 on my iPhone5s.

Problem: when editing the Notes field, the app only shows about two lines. The previous version (v5.5 on iOS v8.4.1) handled this properly.

It's a concern because I tend to use long(er) multi-line Notes.

(Actually, I would also like to have multiple Notes fields within a password entry, but that's a different matter entirely).

Comments

• kenkk
    kenkk
    Community Member
    Options

Update: It's intermittent. Which makes it worse from a debugging point of view. Might have something to do with Dynamic Font sizing?

• Phil7
    Phil7
    Community Member
    Options

same issue for me

• SEMats
    SEMats
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem as well

• Hi guys,

Thanks for writing in. It would help a lot if you can tell us the devices you're using, this would help us narrow down if it is the case of the iPhone's size and our calculation on how to size the note view.

@Phil7 and @SEMats, are you guys using iPhone 5S as well?

I can confirm the problem on my iPhone 5S as well and we have an open bug report on this already, so I'll add you guys to our bug report and we'll investigate to fix this soon.

ref: OPI-3027

• SEMats
    SEMats
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT
    Yes I am using iPhone 5S. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

• Phil7
    Phil7
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I'am using an iPhone 6 plus.

• Hi guys,

Thanks, I'll make a note about iPhone 6+. We're seeing this a lot on the smaller devices but it seems to be a broader issue. We'll get this fixed.

• kenkk
    kenkk
    Community Member
    Options

It's nice to see v6.0.1 released so quickly to fix a few (other) bugs. Good job, AgileBits!

However, the intermittent flaky editing of long Notes still persists on my iPhone5s, now running iOS v9.0.1. I'm not sure if any debugging work on this problem found its way into the v6.0.1 release because the release notes make no relevant mention.

Please fix it!

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @kenkk,

Normally we like to test a new version but for a few reasons 1Password 6 for iOS wasn't able to get the same exposure others typically get. So version 6.0.1 managed to fix a couple of bugs but we know there are a number still to address. This one is a priority. Hopefully we can make good progress.

• kenkk
    kenkk
    Community Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi LittleBobbyTables,

Thank you, sir, for the very considered reply.

As someone with both software programming and software project management experience, allow me to say that "I feel your pain". So, yes, I am all patience, especially since the bug has been acknowledged as a priority TOFIX.

Anyway, for the convenience of all your customers intrepid enough to want to report bugs, would it be possible to have a sticky post that lists the current known bugs? Or perhaps there is just such a list somewhere, but I'ved missed it?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kenkk: I'm really sorry for the trouble here, and certainly your patience is appreciated! We have an issue tracker, but I'm afraid it isn't public. These tend to come and go, so generally we try to collect those with similar issues into discussion threads like this one to keep communication flowing. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention! :)

This discussion has been closed.