Login

Not working
I have successfully installed 1password to MAC(s) and integrated into dropbox, but I cannot get sync from Iphone completed. I am entering the Master Password, but it keeps coming up incorrect. I know I am entering it correctly. Please help.

Comments

• bswins
    edited May 2011
    dblock wrote:

I have successfully installed 1password to MAC(s) and integrated into dropbox, but I cannot get sync from Iphone completed. I am entering the Master Password, but it keeps coming up incorrect. I know I am entering it correctly. Please help.

Hello dblock!

Welcome to the Forums; although I wish it were under better circumstances.

To be sure I understand the procedures you've followed up to this point, will you please list the steps you've taken? Sometimes missing one seemingly insignificant step can make all the difference.

It sounds like you've gotten far enough to setup Dropbox and getting to the password entry stage, but it is always helpful to review the Dropbox setup guide to ensure you didn't overlook anything. Dropbox Setup

Also, before you go to all that trouble, I've seen instances where rebooting your Mac and iPhone, and resetting Dropbox synching have worked. New iPhone

Another less common fix has been to turn on WiFi synching temporarily and then turn it off. Then turn on Dropbox synching. These may be worth a shot.

Please let me know what happens. We'll get you up and running soon.

Brandt

P.S. Since you just installed 1P for Mac, I thought I'd mention that some people have reported that when using the Mac's built in Firewall, the Dropbox.app is initially set to Block All Connections. If you use the OS X firewall, you may wish to check the settings in System Preferences>Security>Firewall>Advanced just to be on the safe side.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Please also check to ensure that you are entering the correct password.

Your master password does not have to be the same between 1Password for Mac/Windows and your 1Password iOS app(s). Many users like to have a less-complicated one for 1Password iOS apps because of the interaction using the much smaller virtual keyboard. Because they do not have to be the same, they are never synced from one device/platform to another.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.