Force Touch to lock 1Password 6 on the Watch

khw1
khw1
Community Member

This doesn't work unless you have opened one of the items listed. If you unlock 1Password 6 on the Watch with the passcode and then Force Touch on the list of items that is displayed without opening any of them, the Lock button is displayed but touching it only returns you back to the list.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:watch lock

Comments

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

This has been my experience also with one additional item. If I view a r cord, say credit card pin, then go back to the list, force touching the list displays lock, which then re-displays the list.

• Interesting. I can reproduce this. I'll have our engineers look into it!

• Hey folks, just wanted to let you know that the behavior works properly on watchOS 2, which was released today.

Now, 1Password for Apple Watch is not yet a native app, but the version we released with Force Touch to Lock was built using the watchOS 2 SDK. I'm guessing this is why it behaved a little weird on watchOS 1.0.1.

I tested by opening 1Password for Apple Watch, allowing the item list to load, Force Touch, tap lock, and after a brief couple seconds, the app locked.

Once you've updated to watchOS 2, try those steps out and let me know if it now works as expected.

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

It works with but.... After force touching I get the lock screen. I press on the lock and my list reappears for a brief second, then the passcode screen appears. I guess this is normal?

Anyway, it does work, thanks.

• @rlgleason51 Yeah, that's going to be normal operation with how WatchKit apps work. There's a little delay as the Watch sends the lock command to the phone and the phone then builds and sends the UI update back to the Watch.

If we decide to move to a native Watch app, I'm sure a good deal of those little delays would be mitigated.

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

Thanks

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.