1Password not saving generated passwords and not replacing passwords in Chrome

Since I upgraded to 5.4.BETA-41, 1Password is not saving generated passwords whether they are in a new web site or if I am replacing one.

1Password Version: 5/4/BETA-41
Extension Version: 4.5.0.1
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password not saving generated passwords

Comments

• sjksjk oversoul

Team Member

Hi @Fastidious,

Are you having this issue after clicking the Fill button in Password Generator?

If that's the case, copying/pasting the new generated password into the appropriate field(s) might work:

• Use Password Generator to create a new password, but do not click the Fill button. Instead, highlight the password and use the ⌘C keyboard shortcut to copy it to the clipboard.
    • Paste the new password (using the ⌘V shortcut or Edit > Paste from the menu) into the correct password field(s) on the page form, then submit it.

When you do it like that, are you prompted to save or update a Login item? Please let us know how this works for you, thanks!

• FastidiousFastidious Junior Member

I tried that. When I highlight and copy, 1Password generates a new password which is a bit startling, but the copy and paste works. The fact is, this is a new problem with the latest update, as far as I can see.

• sjksjk oversoul

Team Member

Thanks for trying it, @Fastidious.

When I highlight and copy, 1Password generates a new password which is a bit startling, but the copy and paste works.

Glad that's successfully. There should be a new Password item created with the same password that was copied. Same thing happens when clicking Fill. It's a safety net item. This article has more details:

How can I recover an unsaved password?

The fact is, this is a new problem with the latest update, as far as I can see.

Actually, the latest extension should have fixed this issue. From 1Password Browser Extension Release Notes for 4.5.0.BETA-1:

• Improved update password functionality on many password change forms.

That generally refers to it. And your original post mentions:

1Password Version: 5/4/BETA-41
    Extension Version: 4.5.0.1

Can you provide URLs of any new sites you registered with that 1Password didn't prompt to save a new Login for? That will help as we investigate whether "something went pear shaped" with the fix, as Adam ( @littlebobbytables ) said when we were discussing this. :)

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.