I had problems with initial install of 1password from app store

makosdad
makosdad
Community Member

I installed from app store and had problems so I deleted it and reinstalled it. I also deleted the file from iCloud The program starts fine but when I try to set up to sync to iCloud it says enable iCloud and when I hit that button it does nothing and sometimes crashes

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:forgot-master-password, kb:master-password-not-accepted, kb:starting-over, kb-search:remove, kb:remove-multiple-apps

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @makosdad,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with iCloud sync!

To help you get things back up and running again, we'll need to know a few more details:

• What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • What other devices are you syncing with 1Password?
    • What version of 1Password are you using on the other devices?
    • Are you having any trouble with iCloud sync in 1Password on the other devices?
    • What device has your most up-to-date 1Password information?
    • What is the exact/full error message you get when trying to enable iCloud sync? If possible, it would be great to see a screenshot of that.

Thanks in advance!

• makosdad
    makosdad
    Community Member

Hi,
    Using 1Password 5.3(530029)
    Macstore
    not installed anywhere else yet
    no other devices connected
    This is a new install and the app works fine but I can't get the sync to work
    error message is "icloud is not available, please enable iCloud to continue" ... i hit the enable iCloud button and it opens my settings and takes me to iCloud, I do not see 1password listed but do see 1password mini when I go to manage
    I can't see how to paste screenshot in this message

• Hello @makosdad,

Do you have an iOS device at all? We aware of an issue when the iCloud Sync data is deleted via Apple's iCloud interface but currently the solution we have uses 1Password for iOS. Now 1Password for iOS can be downloaded for free as the basic version is sufficient for our needs but of course it does require an iOS device. If you have one we can go through the steps required. We'll wait to hear back from you before proceeding.

• makosdad
    makosdad
    Community Member

Yes, I have an iPad mini and an iPhone 6 plus I installed 1password on both but did not do anything else yet

• makosdad
    makosdad
    Community Member

I did delete the iCloud data directly from iCloud once the install seemed to fail initially

• Hi @makosdad,

I've just emailed you details with how to correct this. The email should now be in your inbox :smile:

ref: UZR-96133-421

This discussion has been closed.