coachpbt
coachpbt
Community Member
edited September 2015 in iOS

iphone 6
ios9

will not unlock using the master password
gets hung up on "decrypting"

AgileBits Update: Please see this post for the solution.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 6 on ios9 is stuck at "decrypting"

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Greetings @coachpbt,

I've not heard of that one before.

The first thing worth trying is to completely close 1Password for iOS and then launch it again. Does that make any difference?

If it doesn't try rebooting the iOS device and see if that makes any difference.

If neither trick helps at all do you sync your vault to any other device or Mac via iCloud, Dropbox or Wi-Fi Sync? I'm wondering if you have your data stored elsewhere so that we could start over on this iOS device. Unfortunately we can't even view a diagnostic report if the settings cannot be accessed due to how iOS apps work. Hopefully we can get this resolved. Out of curiosity, did the issue start after the upgrade to iOS 9?

• mhammitt
    mhammitt
    Community Member
    Options

Same thing is happening to me. 1Password on iPad running iOS 9.0. Closed and relaunched 1Password; didn't work. Reset iPad; didn't work. I also sync to an iPhone that's also running iOS 9.0; not having a problem on that. Problem just started today. Upgraded to 9.0 on both devices this morning.

• mhammitt
    mhammitt
    Community Member
    Options

Oh: 1Password on iPad is version 6.0.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mhammitt: Do you have your 1Password data on another device where you can access it? If so, it may be best to backup your data and reinstall the app, as it sounds like it's damaged for some reason. But we definitely don't want you to lose any data. Please let me know!

• mhammitt
    mhammitt
    Community Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Thanks Brenty. Oddly enough, I tried opening up 1Password on my iPad in split screen mode, and it worked. (I have no reason to think the solution has anything to do with being in split screen mode... just saying that's what happened.) It's now working consistently in any setting. Really not sure what resolved it.

Also, I may have used Touch ID to open it. Might be something there.

• ayeemaria
    ayeemaria
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I'm also having the same problem today after I updated to the new ios. I've closed the app and re-opened it and also restarted my phone and it's still not working. Unfortunately, I do not have 1Password saved on any other device and I have not backed it up anywhere.

• ayeemaria
    ayeemaria
    Community Member
    Options

Just updated my iPhone 6 and now I can't access 1Password. Screen gets stuck on "decrypting" after I've put in my master password. I've closed the app and re-opened it and also restarted my phone and it's still not working. Unfortunately, I do not have 1Password saved on any other device and I have not backed it up anywhere..

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi all,

Are you using the Low Power Mode mode on your iOS device?

Please connect your iOS device to the power outlet, then try again and see if that works. You may need to wait a few minutes after connecting power, then quit the 1Password app (open app switcher and swipe 1Password up to quit it) and restart it.

Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. We're working hard to address many of the reported issues and filing bug reports with Apple as necessary.

Please let us know if this helps at all.

• ayeemaria
    ayeemaria
    Community Member
    Options

No I am not using low power mode on my iPhone. Is there any other way I can access the app? It's quite frustrating knowing I put so much effort inputting my passwords into it and now I can't even access it..

• gary1557
    gary1557
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 6 on ios9 is stuck at "decrypting" I'm having the same problem

• UTony
    UTony
    Community Member
    Options

I am having this exact same issue. I too don't have 1password on any other device or backed up. Not using low power mode either.

• artprofi
    artprofi
    Community Member
    Options

After updating to IOS9 I have exactly the same problem like the previous writers. Hopefully a solution will come up soon

• psydoc_va
    psydoc_va
    Community Member
    Options

same thing here... tried all suggestions. very very frustrating. please fix!

• timpent
    timpent
    Community Member
    Options

Same here :'(

• mfernandezjr
    mfernandezjr
    Community Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

The same thing was happening to my wife's iPhone after she upgraded to iOS 9 and 1Password 6. I fixed it, by doing the following.
    1). Go to Settings > iCloud > iCloud Drive --> 1Password switch it to "off"
    2). Go to 1Password app and enter the master password.
    3). After it takes your password, go back to your iPhone iCloud Drive settings and switch 1Password to "on" (undo the changes on Step 1).

Hope this works for you all!

• UTony
    UTony
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the fix!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@UTony, @mfernandezjr: Thank you for sharing that! It's really odd that iCloud would be the culprit since it hadn't come up here previously, but we've had reports of other iCloud issues as well. It sounds like simply toggling iCloud Drive off in iOS Settings before unlocking 1Password resolved the issue for you. Is that correct? If so, that's fantastic! I just want to verify that.

Can you confirm something for me, though? Were you actually syncing your 1Password data with iCloud in the first place? It seems like perhaps 1Password is trying to load the database from iCloud and it's getting hung up because of the CloudKit sync issue that others are reporting.

@coachpbt, @ayeemaria, @gary1557, @artprofi, @psydoc_va, @timpent, @Kefte: Please try the steps mfernandezjr suggested and let us know your results!

• artprofi
    artprofi
    Community Member
    Options

Congratulation, now it's working on my iPhone with IOS9. Thank you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@artprofi: Thanks for confirming! And thanks again to mfernandezjr for sharing that! :chuffed:

• dubious
    dubious
    Community Member
    Options

https://discussions.agilebits.com/profile/mfernandezjr The iCloud solution worked fine for me too

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yes! That's great news! Thank you for the update! :chuffed:

• timpent
    timpent
    Community Member
    Options

The iCloud solution worked for me, thanks @mfernandezjr

• psydoc_va
    psydoc_va
    Community Member
    Options

kudos to @mfernandezjr for the "fix". problem appears to be solved. :-)

• mfernandezjr
    mfernandezjr
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Yes, it was syncing 1Password data with iCloud in the first place.

You are welcome.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015
    Options

@brenty Yes, it was syncing 1Password data with iCloud in the first place.
    You are welcome.

@mfernandezjr: Thank you! You rock! :sunglasses:

For anyone else still stuck on "decrypting", please do the following:

1. Open iOS Settings > iCloud > iCloud Drive > 1Password and switch it to the "off" position
    2. Open 1Password and enter the Master Password
    3. After it unlocks, go back to the iCloud Drive settings from step 1 and switch 1Password back to "on"
This discussion has been closed.