All my entries are coming up twice

Options
sjk
sjk
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Lost tips.

Comments

• Tore
    Tore
    Community Member
    Options

Hi
    I have got another problem. All my entries are coming up twice. How come ?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi @Tore,

I've created this separate discussion from your comment in the other one so we can focus on your new issue directly.

Can you describe more about where you're seeing all entries coming up twice? Some specific steps would be helpful. For example:

• Open 1Password app and unlock
    • Select All Items in the sidebar
    • Two copies of each item are displayed in the item list

And could you also let us know:

The more details you can provide, the sooner we'll be able to help you get this sorted out. Thanks in advance! :)

• Tore
    Tore
    Community Member
    Options

Hi
    Two copies of each item are displayed in the item list. (But not in all of them)
    Running OSX Yosemite.
    1Password 6.0.
    1Password mini in Safari (Sorry, cannot find which version of the extension)
    Best regards :-)
    Tore

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Greetings @Tore,

Sorry for the delay in responding, we had a surge of assistance requests this week which we're slowly managing to make our way through.

Can you verify something for us please.

1. Launch 1Password and open 1Password's preferences.
    2. Switch to the Advanced tab and enable the option titled Show Item > Copy UUID menu item.
    3. Close the preferences.
    4. Select one the items that has a duplicate and use the new menu option Item > Copy UUID.
    5. Paste the UUID of the first one into a temporary document.
    6. Select the other copy of the item and repeat steps 4. and 5. again.

I'm almost positive the duplicate item will have a different UUID which would make them individual items in the eyes of 1Password. What I can't figure out is how this could have happened. Even exporting and importing using our 1PIF format maintains the UUID so it's all very puzzling.

I'm afraid you may very well have to manually go through your vault removing duplicates. Now in the Security Audit section we do have a Duplicate Passwords filter which might help. All I can recommend is to ensure that whichever copy you delete doesn't contain any additional information that isn't held in the other one. I wish we could offer a better suggestion but I'm still uncertain how this happened.

This discussion has been closed.