Upgraded to Windows 10, ios 9, and 1password 6.0 on IOS devices and now wi-fi sync doesn't work

Options

The title says it all. In the past few days I have performed all of these updates and wifi sync has stopped working. I think the problem involves Mcafee since if I disable the firewall it syncs correctly. There have been no changes to Mcafee and 1Password is in the allowed programs list just as it always has been. Since there are so many changes involved it's hard to isolate the problem. Any ideas are appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.0 on IOS and 4.6 on Windows
Extension Version: 4.4.390 for Chrome
OS Version: Windows 10 and IOS 9
Sync Type: wi-fi
Referrer: forum-search:Windows 10 ios 9 1password 6.0 mcafee and wifi sync

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi @Turbo53,

Does McAfee show you real time status of what's connecting and what's being blocked? If yes, try doing a Wi-Fi sync and see what it blocked.

You would also need to whitelist Apple's bonjour service in addition to 1Password.

To find all processes and ports that you need to open for 1Password, please read our guide here: https://support.1password.com/configure-windows-firewall-proxy/

• Turbo53
    Turbo53
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Your suggestion got me rooting around more deeply in the McAfee firewall configuration and I found something interesting. My home network was for some reason configured as a public network. It makes perfect sense that the firewall would block traffic from another machine on a public network. As soon as I changed it to "home" network everything started to work.

I haven't changed anything in McAfee for a couple of years and this problem just cropped up yesterday. Maybe something happened during the Windows 10 upgrade which was done two days ago.
    Thanks again. All fixed now.

• That's great, thanks for letting us know what you did to fix it.

This discussion has been closed.