iCloud sync won't work

Options
pattinson_james
pattinson_james
Community Member

I used to use iCloud sync, then changed to Dropbox, now I'm trying to revert to iCloud sync. However I get message "iCloud is not available. Please enable iCloud to continue". I've tried this several times as well as following all troubleshooting tips. Still not working. Please advise solution.

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: 530029
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:iCloud sync won't work

Comments

• ktomaszek
    ktomaszek
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem. Purchased 1Password on my MAC at the Apple App Store. Version 5.3.
    My IOS on iPhone 6 also upgraded. iCloud syncing enabled.
    Neither my iPhone or iPad will acknowledge that I've purchased 1Password.
    Therefore, I can't open 1Password on either device. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi @pattinson_james and @ktomaszek,

Apologies for the trouble you're experiencing with iCloud Sync. We have received reports from other customers who have also been having issues with their iCloud sync at this time.

We've been able to successfully reproduce this issue and are working on a solution. It appears that this might have something to do with syncing over cellular connections, and occasionally with Wi-Fi.

Here's what you can try to fix this:

1.) Connect your device(s) to Wi-Fi and wait for 1Password to attempt an iCloud sync. In most cases, this fixes the issue.

If iCloud sync still doesn’t work while on a Wi-Fi network,

2.) Try resetting the network settings of your iOS device: 'Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings'.

While this has fixed the issue in all circumstances, before doing this, please note that it will:

• Remove your known Wi-Fi networks and their passwords. You'll have to re-add all of this data.
    • Potentially reset your VPN settings.
    • Possibly reset any number of other network-related settings that may need to be reset.

If you only have a single home network, this should be a relatively easy fix, provided you have your Wi-Fi password available to you.

We look forward to hearing how it goes for you! :)

• pattinson_james
    pattinson_james
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry but this does not apply to my issue. For clarity I have an iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air all connected via ethernet so this is not a wifi connection problem.

As I said before I initially had iCloud sync working fine, then migrated to dropbox and now wish to revert to iCloud, however 1Password refuses to allow this constantly telling me to "enable" icloud drive, which is already enabled as I'm using it to store files to.

I've followed all troubleshooting tips, disabling and enabling iCloud drive - did not work. Logging out of and back into iCloud, does not work.

Please advise fix

Thx

James

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi @pattinson_james,

I'm going to email you shortly with the details.

ref: LZQ-45338-231

• pattinson_james
    pattinson_james
    Community Member
    Options

Hi folks

Can I get an answer to this, I'd like to fix the problem

Thx

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pattinson_james,

littlebobbytables sent you a detailed email on the 19th with the subject line "Re. iCloud sync won't work." It was sent to the gmail account associated with your forum handle here. Have you not received that email?

• _chris_
    _chris_
    Community Member
    Options

Similar problem. Purchased 1Password from Apple Store - ver. 5.3 (530029).
    I can’t switch on iCloud sync, when I try to do this - I get message "iCloud is not available. Please enable iCloud to continue” while ICloud is enabled.
    I’ve followed all tips - disabling and enabling iCloud, removed 1password and installed it again.
    It's still not working - "iCloud is not available"

I need some advice for a fix. Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

chris,

I'm sorry you're also having a problem with iCloud sync!

I'm not sure exactly which tips you've already followed, but please take a look at the suggestions here: Troubleshooting iCloud sync issues

If none of the troubleshooting tips there help to solve the problem, can you please let us know some more details about your setup:

• What version of Mac OS X are you running?
    • Is iCloud Drive enabled in System Preferences > iCloud?
    • Did iCloud sync ever work on that Mac, or are you trying to set it up for the first time?
    • Aside from that Mac, what other devices are you syncing with 1Password?
    • What version of 1Password are you using on the other devices?
    • Is iCloud sync working on the other devices?
    • Where do you have your most up-to-date 1Password information?

Thanks in advance!

• _chris_
    _chris_
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, after I applied yesterday's update of 1Password ver 6.0.1 on ios devices, I tried to sync from iphone and from that moment everything is working great :)

My OS Version: 10.10.5

Thanks

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015
    Options

That's great news, @"chris"! Thanks for letting us know.

Hopefully you're all set now and 1Password is working great, but we're here to help if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.